Just thought I'd share this little drawing I did.

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Just thought I'd share this little drawing I did.

Postby HippieLizards » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Today I just bought a set of Ohuhu Alcohol based markers, and decided to test them out by drawing my Gecko Gizmo, I really love how it turned out!
I am in love with these markers already. They're half the price of copics but just as good. I'd totally recommend these to other artists.

And I thought it'd be nice to share it with y'all. :)

I'm probably also going to give this to the awesome breeder I got her from too, Gecko Junkie.

Size: 6x6? Time: 45 mins ~ 1.5 hours.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
and my lovely Model Gizmo also decided to chill under my shirt while I drew it too. :love5:

P.S: I'm not sponsored (I wish), but just a total geek when it comes to actually good cheap art supplies. These are really going to help me improve my art. (:
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Just thought I'd share this little drawing I did.

Postby LimKH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:47 am

HippieLizards wrote:Today I just bought a set of Ohuhu Alcohol based markers, and decided to test them out by drawing my Gecko Gizmo, I really love how it turned out!
I am in love with these markers already. They're half the price of copics but just as good. I'd totally recommend these to other artists.

And I thought it'd be nice to share it with y'all. :)

I'm probably also going to give this to the awesome breeder I got her from too, Gecko Junkie.

Size: 6x6? Time: 45 mins ~ 1.5 hours.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
and my lovely Model Gizmo also decided to chill under my shirt while I drew it too. :love5:

P.S: I'm not sponsored (I wish), but just a total geek when it comes to actually good cheap art supplies. These are really going to help me improve my art. (:

Nice drawing! Keep up the good work! Don't let others push you down and never give up! :D
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:09 am

Aww, thank you! I really appreciate that. :D
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:38 pm

I agree, that's some good work, looks like an illustration that you'd see in a book. Drawing + painting are very enriching + rewarding hobbies, especially with so many interesting subjects in the natural world. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:55 pm

Why thank you, and yes indeed, I love to draw, I've been drawing since I was a little kid. But I'm not as good at painting though, My aunt however is teaching me how to paint better. :)

Indeed! I love drawing animals and nature, it's so fun and beautiful. :D

And I actually just finished this small drawing of a Emerald tree boa, one of my favorite snakes. I Did it to try and get better at blending the alcohol markers, I messed up here and there but overall I'm pretty happy with it. :)
[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Those are great! My sis, the only artistic one in our family, has been playing with water colors recently. She always used oils or worked in charcoal and chalks but water colors are her latest crafty thing.
Have fun with the new markers! Wish I was crafty, not an artistic bone in my body! LOL 😆

-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Hatchling Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:06 am

Nice! They're both excellent, but I especially like the snek one :0)
Reminds me of Verdi, which was a favorite book when my kids were little. Keep creating!!!!!
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 pm

DragonPete wrote:Those are great! My sis, the only artistic one in our family, has been playing with water colors recently. She always used oils or worked in charcoal and chalks but water colors are her latest crafty thing.
Have fun with the new markers! Wish I was crafty, not an artistic bone in my body! LOL 😆

-Dee

Thank you! And oh nice, I want to get into watercolors soon, I mostly do Pencil, Charcoal, Marker, And occasionally painting or digital. I'm not as good with the last two yet though. I'm loving the capabilities of these markers though! :D
JumpinJellyfish wrote:Nice! They're both excellent, but I especially like the snek one :0)
Reminds me of Verdi, which was a favorite book when my kids were little. Keep creating!!!!!

Thank you, And yeah I'm pretty proud of how the Snake one turned out. Emerald tree boas are such beautiful snakes. I might try doing a ball python or corn snake one next actually.

And oh, I think I've heard of that book. It looked cool. :) I should check and see if my library has it.
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic