Pesticides & my beardie

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Pesticides & my beardie

Postby andria910 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm

I bought my 2 year old beardie off craigslist. Use to be a school pet so she is perfect! Besides her being fed a little bit of everything (to include french fries,smh) from what the prior owner told me, she is my little Big baby. Its summer time and I live in a house near trees. I am seeing some indoor ants here and there and while I am trying to avoid sprays n all. I can't let my home get infested. I enjoy letting her roam around and I watch her. I noticed the first day I let her roam she was lapping the floor boards so I'm worried. What is the best method? Please, advise. Thank you!

Her name is Biscuit, btw
andria910
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Pesticides & my beardie

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am

You don't want to use anything toxic around the dragon. I'd first try spraying doorways and any surface you see ants on with vinegar. I've had good luck doing that (for the most part).
CooperDragon

Postby claudiusx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:38 am

I have a perimeter spray I use twice a year or so, once I start seeing the ants again. I only spray the outside perimeter of my house, and its only about an inch wide or so. I spray a bit more up the wall, maybe inch and a half or two. But this keeps ALL of the bugs out of my house, and the exposure to my dragons is minimal as their is nothing sprayed inside, and there is no need for them to be rubbing up against the walls of my house, if they are out they are out in the yard, or with me. So no problems there :mrgreen:

EDIT: so just to be clear, I spray a thin strip outside my house, to prevent them from coming in. Nothing is sprayed inside :)

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby andria910 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Ok thank you both, I have some pretty mean pesticide spray (for inside and outside use) so I will use that only outside and I will try spraying vinegar around the house.
andria910
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic