HELP beardie viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
91584-844680267.jpg
Idk what to do
My beardie gets a dark tinted beard, stress marks, and dark colored pattern when he's in his viv. Every time I'm about to put him in his viv he tries very hard to cling onto me. However when he's out of his viv he's bright orange and very active and his stress marks go away

His temps are fine and his viv is large enough
He's in a 55 gallon
With a t8 10.0 reptisun uvb light mounted inside
Along with a 100 watt basking light
His temps vary from 100-105
And his low temps are around low 80s
He is about 2 years old

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The setup looks pretty good. Does he hang out on the cool side like that most of the time? It's possible he just prefers being out of the tank to roam around (like my dragon) so he's agitated when he's confined to the tank.

Stephanieml1

Original Poster
CooperDragon":20bzvp01 said:
The setup looks pretty good. Does he hang out on the cool side like that most of the time? It's possible he just prefers being out of the tank to roam around (like my dragon) so he's agitated when he's confined to the tank.
I'm just concerned because I've had him for a month and at first he was fine in his viv and his colors were bright
But just last week he began to get dark and show signs of stress marks which he never used to and his beard gets dark at times as well

I've caught him diggin at the walls kinda looking like he wants to get out
He never really hangs out in the cool side he's usually in the basking site but today he's been at the cool side and hasn't really moved much unless I take him out of the viv

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's active outside of the tank and eating well he's probably OK. My guy loses his mind if he's left in his tank all day. If it's safe for him to be outside of the tank, perhaps you can set up a portable basking area for him using a clamp lamp or similar. That way he has a place to warm up when he's out exploring.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It could be because it is dark on one end. The brighter the better for dragons as long as there is a shady spot . I use a led striplight on the cool end to make it brighter. It is said, that bright lights will make the eat better and make them more active.

Stephanieml1

Original Poster
Thank you for responding !
Should I be worried that whenever he is basking his beard turns slightly dark but not pitch black and he gets stress marks too but as I mentioned whenever he's out of his viv he's perky
He's a little dehydrated but his temps read between 100-105 so I'm not too sure what to do about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom