Fungus Gnat infestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Not realy about beardies but has to do with reptiles and terreriums, Ive got two toads (american and fowlers)that live in a large cage with live plants and all and these little bugs (i later learned are called fungus gnats)are infesting the terrium and have found there way to my little grapefruit seedlings and my Areogarden where i grow beardie food i find them anoying and so do all my pets i read about vinigar and dish soap but i figured it might be unsafe because they are amphibians and everything goes through there skin and all, they are realy nosey and like getting into trouble. How should i stop them

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
107025-1401280309.jpg

Goldenboy is the fowlers toad male on top

Marble is the female american toad on bottom
*i may be wrong on there speicies they were rescues

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
107025-4765258846.jpg

This is the cage is was ment for a leopard gecko but we had other plans.
Dimensions 36 24 18 i think
Substrate is a mix of zilla jungle mix zoo med repti bark and Zoomed eco earth
Plants golden pothos (devils ivy), sweet marjoram (actualy a herb), snake plant or sansivaria and a janet craig compacta dracnea
The wood is just random bark i found in my back yard (where they lived before the fell down the well)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Awesome frogs! I wish I knew more about them but I really don't. Best advice I could give is maybe try to find a frog forum to ask. I do know there skins are extremely sensitive, so i'd be cautious with whatever you do.

-Brandon

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks when i first got them i kept them on bad substrate and thats where the gnats originated with these tan/ grey mites the mites show up now and then but the go as quickly as they come the gnats travel around and bother everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom