found a FROZEN frog, Elsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! just thought I'd share this funny story. My dad came home from work one night, and he had found a frozen leopard frog in his work parking lot! he put it in a container, and surprisingly, its ALIVE! I've been keeping it in a small tub, with rocks and a few pieces of driftwood, and some live moss filled with water (about 5 inches deep), along with a 60 watt infared heat lamp. Its been a few months now, and she's still alive. I've been putting some mealworms in there, and I believe she's been eating them because she has been pooing, and is chubby. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right, and can she eat small minnows used for ice fishing? :) I named her Elsa btw.. she was Frozen LOL

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow lucky break for the frog! I'm glad she was able to warm up and be OK. Probably went into the frog equivalent of brumation. I'm not sure what they would eat in captivity. Probably small insects. Things like small worms or pinhead crickets etc. Possibly minnows, not sure on that one. I'd keep trying mealworms if she seems to be eating those.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, thats what I figured. She "growls" at our other pets (dogs and beardies) its so funny XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom