Odd question about frogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, so most frogs will scream as a defence if something picks them up. And there are tons of (funny) youtube videos of people catching screaming frogs.
The thing is, why don't frogs scream when I catch them? Bullfrogs are very volcale and are in a lot of the scream frog videos, but then ones I caught just sit on my hand looking at me!
It's kinda weird that theres videos of someone grabbing a bull frog and it screams, but when I do the same thing the frog is all relaxed :shock:
Do they know that I'm not going to hurt them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not sure on that one. I've caught many bullfrogs and leopard frogs over the years and haven't heard any of them scream. They tend to just sit still for me like you're describing, then I let them go.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":uzeqjx3n said:
Not sure on that one. I've caught many bullfrogs and leopard frogs over the years and haven't heard any of them scream. They tend to just sit still for me like you're describing, then I let them go.

Odd, I wonder if the people in the videos are really rough with the frogs so they scream, and I'm careful with them so they don't?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's possible. I'll have to check on these videos as I'm not even sure what the scream sounds/looks like.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't seen them do that before. It seems like they are doing it in response to feeling threatened.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":794ut2ak said:
I haven't seen them do that before. It seems like they are doing it in response to feeling threatened.

Yeah, poor frogs.
I like them though, I always want to pick them up.
One time the frog I caught didn't want to go back, he was just sitting on my hand and I had to actually put him down on the lilly pad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom