African Dwarf Frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all,
Just a quick question because google searches are not giving the information I need.

I have 3 african dwarf frogs (ADF) in a 10 gallon tank alone with 1 otocinclus (was 2 until this morning...)

I've had the 3 frogs for probably 6 or so months now, they are all now sexually mature, 2 males and 1 female. The 2 males have been singing and clinging on to the back of the female as though getting ready for eggs, however this has been happening for almost a month now with no eggs and the singing/hugging has been on and off.

My question is how long does it take between the female being ready and then actually laying? Most forums make it sound like a quick process, and it seems the female has taken to trying to hide from them during the day and then is out and crawling around at night.
She is definitely a plump one, but I do not have enough experience to say she's carrying eggs, but the males seem to think so.

89300-7892268547.jpg
Here is the female, Gunther, peeking out from hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom