pacman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Anyone here have any pacman frogs? My boyfriend is dead set on getting one, and he has an empty 29 gallon. I know this is large for a baby (which is all we can usually find at the shows), and hope we can provide a sufficient home with this size. Do you recommend putting plexiglass over half of the top? I'm worried about humidity. We have an UTH on the tank and don't want to do over head heating, if possible, bc I personally have had issues with this drying out the frog. I have a 6 month old reptisun, and if we do live plants I'll put this on top and hope it helps with them, as the frog spends most of its time hiding and wont benefit from it anyway. Realy I just need advice on how you set up your tanks, and pictures if possible please! I'll post pics of the tank soon, as we are setting it up early next week so its ready for the frog by the 18th reptile show.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Ive got mine in a 10 gallon for now, hes still a babie

I have the tropical soil/eco earth dirt on the bottom four inches deep for him to dig around and bury into.

I dont use a UTH just because its easier for me to control the heat with a dome lamp.

As for Humidity, I dont really have an issue with it, but when I do, I put an old towel over the top and keep it wet, but I have also used a bit of plastic over the top. Works like a charm.

I think I covered everything.

Any other questions

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info! Just a few more questions.. do you use a red over head bulb? our UTH isn't getting it hot enough, the tanks in the basement and its getting colder here. Also, can you feed small supers?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
bambichik39":38lst78v said:
Thanks for the info! Just a few more questions.. do you use a red over head bulb? our UTH isn't getting it hot enough, the tanks in the basement and its getting colder here. Also, can you feed small supers?

I use a red bulb at night, and day one during the day, Ive never had issues with the red bulbs on my pacmans.
I tend to stay away from the worms since they just bury in the dirt if they dont get eaten right away and just die and rot.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, so normal white bulb during day, and red one at night. We are getting live plants as well so hopefully they survive. All of my current lizards are dry, so it'll need a nice change to get some live plants,etc. Especially since it'll prob be buried most of the time haha. Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom