Good Roomate For A Fire Bellied Toad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelley

I adopted four fire bellies from a friend about 13-14 years back. Sometime down the road I got another little dude and had five total; Sprite, Pepsi, Coke, DP and Barqs. As of about a month ago, I am down to just Sprite (I think!). Not sure how old he is as they got pretty hard to identify once they matured, but I would have to say he is the one I got later on, so I would have to put him at 7-8 years old. I feel like he could use a roomie and was wondering if another frog/amphibian would fit. I know they produce some toxins that could harm other animals, so I might just have to get another fire belly.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
They can kill themselves with their own toxins, lol(not changing the water bowl water enough). I wouldn't put something else in there :/

bkelley

Original Poster
Grimleo":4l0jwqle said:
They can kill themselves with their own toxins, lol(not changing the water bowl water enough). I wouldn't put something else in there :/
Well, I've heard of people who have fire bellied newts in the same viv and they do fine. Just wondering if there was any other frog/amphibian that would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom