Frog-O-sphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
I got a frog-O-sphere for christmas. It is a 'mini ecosystem' from brookstone that houses 2 african dwarf clawed frogs. I enjoy my frogs a lot, they are a lot of fun to watch, but I am not sure the frog-O-sphere is big enough for them, or if it really is an 'ecosystem'. Look it up on Brookstone.com
If you own these frogs tell me if this is ok.

Thanks
Sara

Bellalee

Juvie Member
Peta is overrated sometimes, just get them a bigger tank. Btw.. they LOVE blood worms. :) I like the frozen cubes or the ones that come in little squeezy things.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I saw those links before but I know that PETA can be overrated and wanted another opinion.

Thanks!
And thanks about the bloodworms too. :D

Sara

Jess

Extreme Poster
Ugh, I HATE those things! :( I tell the people the sell them that they are too small, but no one ever listens.
Ive had them before, and I have an African clawed frog right now.
You should get your dwarf frogs a 5 gal or so tank, and make sure that it is cycled before you put them in it. Change out 1/2 the water every month to keep it clean. Also, do not feed them freeze dried blood worms or the pellets. Frozen blood worms are the best way to go!
Good luck with your froggies! I LOVE aquatic frogs, theyre lots of fun! And if you are lucky and you got males, they might croak for you! I love listening to my clawed frog at night :mrgreen:

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I just feel bad because this was my only gift from my aunt and they are fairly expensive....

But the frogs health is more important. Does it have to have a filter?

Sara

Jess

Extreme Poster
Actually, the current from filters tends to stress out the froggies. You can try to get a small filter that you can control the water flow on, but if you just have 2 frogs in a 5 gal-ish tank than it shouldnt be a problem because they arent very dirty. Ive never used a filter with my clawed frog (and they are REALLY dirty!) and his water quality has always been fine. Just make sure to keep up with the water changes. :wink:

Just wondering, how big is the Frog-O-Sphere container? You might be able to use it as a temporary quarintine or hospital tank, so it could still be useful! And I read that it claims to have live gravel, which would be very helpful in starting up your new tank. :)

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It isn't that large, not sure on the exact dimensions though. It did come with cool rock decor though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom