Pixie Frog

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
I am thinking of getting a pixie frog to help keep my roach colony under control, and plus they look like pretty interesting frogs. Anyone have any suggestions of where to get one and that kind of stuff.

well, i've had many frogs, but never a pixie frog, or african bullfrog, as i guess it's also called. i have nothing better to do, so well i have some time, i've done some reasearch for you. it needs about 6cm of soft substrate to burrow in. you might want to get some potting soil with no chemacals. and they live well in warmer temps, up to 83degreesF. and a big regular terrestrial or half and half tank terrarium they say is good. now it says you should get a certain kind of substrate or somthing, so ask someone what kind or you can just use the chemacal free potting soil. put a few large peices of corkbark or bogwood on top of the soil, and add a shallow water pan to one corner.
they eat lots and lots of really big bugs ( hense your " roach problem" or whatever), guppies, i guess they say are good too, amd mice. and it says if you're getting two, if you're not breeding, house them alone to avoid cannibalism!
ok, so, they blow of orget, like, puffy and all when they freak out. and by the way, it says males can give a hearty bite every now and then, so don't make it get puffy, if you no what i mean :laughing6:
there you go! hope it helps!
- sophia ( me), deven ( turtle), shirley ( dog), sox ( cat)

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've done some research as well, and i have an extra 20 gallon that i can keep it in temporarily. Hopefully i can get one at the upcoming reptile expo in Columbia, SC in June. Thanks for the help, its much appreciated :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom