How do you breed Big Eyed Tree Frogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

risi

I would like to breed the one I have. But I have have no idea how. :?: I have :study: but have found nothing. No books, web sites, NO NOTHING! I have search'd for days, but now I'm reddy to :banghead:

risi

Original Poster
Umm your link is for Red Eyed tree Frogs, not big eyed. But thank you for trying

risi

Original Poster
:laughing6: Its ok. Hmm should I just try a new kind of frog? Do you know wich kind of frog is best to breed?

SoVerySheri

Hatchling Member
There is not much known in the US about breeding Big Eyes. Do you know which type of big eye you have (scientific name?) as there many types in the genus. Sorry if I am asking silly questions but here it goes? How old is are your frogs? They will need to reach sexual maturity before they will attempt to breed. You have more than one correct? Have you heard calling to guarantee you have at least one male and female? I do know your chances of success are better the larger breeding group you have.

If your frogs are old enough, you will need to cycle them for breeding, which usually means feeding them more than normal (as you do not feed them in the breeding chamber) and setting up a rain chamber of sorts to replicate their breeding season. An online search for breeding chambers should give you a nice selection of types used.

Also if you know the scientific name of your frog, search under that for breeding as most breeders do not use common names for amphibians.

Sorry if you know all this already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom