The newest Beardie Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
We just got an old friend back into the rescue. She came to us as Citrus about 9 months ago, she was underweight and full of wormies. She got adopted out to a nice woman who I worked with. However, she has now retired and has found the expense of caring for dear Citrus (re-named "Maude" by her adoptive momma) to be too much, and was forced to give her back up for adoption.
First here are some pics of her the first time she came to us:
100_3862.jpg

100_3864.jpg

100_3865.jpg

And here she is now after about 8 months of a loving home. She is now looking for a home again, hopefully a 'forever' home! if anyone in the north texas area is interested.
100_5760.jpg

100_5761.jpg

100_5762.jpg

100_5765.jpg

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha. that's ok. She is beautiful though,
Her colors get so vibrant! She is so sweet to. Her last mom took such great care of her. She was spoiled with hand grown veggies straight from the garden, and got hand fed supers and crickets. She is having some trouble adjusting to her new environment though. She hasn't eaten or pooped since she has gotten here. I can tell she is stressed.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow! That's the same beardie?! At first I didn't remember/recognize her until I saw the belly pic. I would never forget the poor condition she was in when you first got her.

Citrus really grew into a beautiful girl. Her colors are so vibrant! That lady sure did a wonderful job taking care of her. Too bad she had to be adopted out again.

You're not going to keep her???

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Wow! what a difference from the first couple pics!! So great that her other 'mom' gave her such amazing care, but so sad she had to give her up. I imagine that was a difficult decision. Hope you find her a forever home!!

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
no, we aren't going to keep her, I wish I could keep all the rescues, but we do have to adopt them out, otherwise we would be up to our ears in herps! Which I wouldn't mind so much, but my bank account does!
And I was a bit concerned about the size of her belly. It seems from the pics that she is a fat healthy beardie, but in person, it is very large, larger than any other beardie I have ever seen! So, I took her to work
(I am a veterinary technician) just to be sure she was not gravid. We took X-rays, and did a Fecal Exam. No eggs... but hundreds of Pinworms! Just in a small amount of feces that we looked at, there were over 100 pinworm eggs! So, I know now why her belly is so large, there is a wormy party going on in there!!
So, she is going to be treated, and get another fecal exam done in 2 weeks, THEN will be up for adoption!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:shock: Poor Citrus. I'm surprised she still looked as healthy as she did.
Thank goodness you stuck to your intuition and took her to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom