Perks of a feline neighbor, catches the roach that got away

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My beardie Devlyn misses her roaches sometimes. Those fast critters escape me sometimes too when I take them out after Devlyn misses.

None have ever escaped kitty Greysie.

Greysie found this roach 18 hours after me and Devlyn failed. She pinned it with her paws, then I could grab it and put into this bowl for kitty amusements
103228-9055316783.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Good for Greysie! (Assuming it's pronounced "Gracie" rather than Greyzie") Cute. :lol:
Was there--or will there be--a George? :roll:

We used to have a little black cat who was totally useless as a hunter. If a mouse or bug ran across her path, she'd just watch it go by as if to say, "Huh, look at that." Our border collie at the time, however, was a real bug-hunter. Spiders, flies, skeeters... Unfortunately, she never learned from her experiences with bees--got nailed a few times.

Can't find the post, but I mentioned recently that I accidentally "clutz-spilled" a bowl of about twenty ½" roaches, and had a few escapees. Also lost a few in the enclosure that "World War Z'd" their way out of the bowl. Cleaning the habitat this morning, one turned up hiding under a planter. It didn't take too long for someone to spot it... Num-num-num-num-num! :D A couple of the spilled ones have surfaced too, so I chuck 'em back in the "Num-num tub." Too cold/inhospitable here for them to breed.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Greysie like 'Gracie' you are correct! My first bearded dragon was named George, one syllable. I knew George was a name of a kings from England or something, and kid me thought a dragon should have a king name...I think that was my reasoning from way back when...

For Greysie, Whenever I got her from the shelter she was with her "twin" brother who was identical to her. The shelter called them Pete and Re-Pete for names. My neighbor ended up getting her brother so they got to grow up together and visit outside. Had to write down a new name when I signed her papers for liscenincing so I quickly came up with Greysie for the name. I was tempted to name her Slime but my mom objected, lol. (I still call her Greysie Grey Slime a lot as her full name)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DorgEndo":fydi63jw said:
Greysie like 'Gracie' you are correct! My first bearded dragon was named George, one syllable. I knew George was a name of a kings from England or something, and kid me thought a dragon should have a king name...I think that was my reasoning from way back when...
Could you perhaps have been thinking about Saint George and the Dragon? :roll:

Had to write down a new name when I signed her papers for liscenincing
Beardies have to be licensed in Minnesota‽‽‽

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My cat is licensed. Dogs and cats should be licensed, it's not enforced that I know of

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
My bad. I read that wrong. Cats are required to be vaccinated where I am, but not licensed (Con-Sub :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom