Wasted and tuckered out (healthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Title made it seem like my beardie is sick or something, he is not, just putting that out first :lol:

So it's that time of the year, my beardie of 3 years just woke up half a week ago from brumating for the last almost 2 months, and he has been VERY ACTIVE. Seriously, SO active, he literally runs around my room for a solid 3 hours every day. Been feeding him hornworms to make up for the bit of weight loss and hydration from brumation, and he is eating his veggies like normal, so I'm happy. I made sure he was actually out of brumation and not just up for a few days and back to sleep, so I waited 3-4 days to see if he would slow down again and brumate again, but not this time, he always wakes up very alert and hungry!

So maybe the horn worms also have something to do with him been hyper active.
I let him run for an hour or so, then back to his viv, but he only lasts 20-30 minutes until he wants out again, so runs for another hour, rinse and repeated 3 or 4 times every day.

I have a 50g tank, T5-Ho, temps measured with temp gun, so everything is fine concerning his living arrangement. He is just one active boy at the moment.

So here he is after a day of running around in my room
93594-8550959010.jpg

I know, looks like he is sick or something, but believe me he is not. I took him to the vet just before his brumation period and he was as healthy as ever. This pic was taken in the evening, after many hours of running around in my room, he was so tired he just plopped on his basking spot and only moved when he was going to sleep into his hide.

Now this morning, same thing, he wakes up, starts head bobbing a bit and starts to roam around in his tank, and is currently roaming around my room again.
Lots of head bobbing :lol:
Same thing happened last year, so I'm guessing this will last a week or two.

Bonus pic:
93594-5218665395.jpg

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1cif4ai7 said:
Hormones! And spring fever!
Karrie

That's what I figured, started last year too, all super hyper after brumation. I would get him a lady but to be honest I don't really want to deal with the whole pregnancy, eggs, incubation, babies, all that. I love my dude to death though :lol:. Today when I came home from work he was still going! But when evening hit he was mellowed out and we cuddled and watched a movie <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom