My big, brave girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinleyMW

Well... I wouldn’t say that, it’s more like I’m her Fin. I got her as a rescue 11 months ago and we’ve come a very long way. When I got her she’d been on sand substrate for 7 years and was so impacted that it took 13 days of olive oil in a syringe to get her to poop. She had retained some sheds due to living in improper temperatures for years. She’d never eaten veg, she was morbidly obese and she had tremors and had stopped using her back legs. Now she’s a ahappy, healthy Astoria! She loves butternut squash and blackberries, though I have to gutload worms to get her to eat her greens. She’s been a trooper, and I’m so proud of how far she’s come. She’s still chunky but really... it’s difficult to get them to exercise and she’s getting up there in age so I figure that we’ve worked pretty hard and any progress made from this point is above and beyond what was expected of her. There was a point in February where the vet said she might need to be euthanized because of tail rot (the retained sheds) but she bounced back and is doing SO well. I’m so proud of this critter, she’s basically my baby.

Anyways, here she is:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's great to see she's doing so well under your care! They certainly can bounce back from some horrible conditions. I hope she will get to enjoy many happy years with you.

99711-5288262577.jpg
I had to save little spike from pets mart. He was the only one that was active and followed me the whole time I was close to the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom