Nova, conquerer of the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aneddu

This is Nova, our curious little beardie

This little guy is obsessed with out couch for who knows what reason. I don't have many pictures of him on it right now as I only recently let him start going up it out of worry he would try to go off the back end of it. Didn't want to have to try and search for this small guy. He hates himself some baths (though despite his protests I give him one atleast once a week)
And of course he loves latching onto my fingers and just sitting there

93010-6280705919.jpg
93010-6199964653.jpg
93010-3694567327.jpg
93010-834119432.jpg
93010-9339558994.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he likes exploring. I'd give him time on the couch if he likes it but well supervised because as you said he may try to go off the back. They have tendency to think they can fly sometimes. If he doesn't like baths you don't have to offer one unless he gets really dirty or stinky. You can offer him extra water just by dripping a little on his nose to lick up.

Aneddu

Original Poster
Yeaaaa haha, that's what i have been letting him do as of late, he has found a couple of spots on the couch he likes to sit on and occasionally moves himself over to the coffee table next to the couch.

As for the baths I try the whole water on his nose thing and he rarely takes it so I do the baths mostly to make sure he stays hydrated as best I can. We have considered misting him or even trying to put a waterfall/fountain in his tank and see if it messes with the humidity too much. Got a few things to try to keep the small guy healthy ^_^

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's not licking up the water then he's probably getting the hydration he needs from his food which is fine. If the bugs are nice and hydrated that should be all he needs so I wouldn't force a bath if he doesn't like it and don't worry if he doesn't lick the water you offer via nose drops. Keep offering now and then though so it's available if he wants it.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Yeah mine loves the couch, blankets and cushions, although as Cooper said they think the can fly so need to watch them.

82771-9652384216.jpg
82771-7546545644.jpg

Aneddu

Original Poster
Fair enough, on the water. I never really considered that might be the reason why.

Also he has been fairly active today and tried to climb down the back of the couch and didn't seem too pleased that I stopped him ( the only way for us to get behind it is to move the whole thing so that's a no-go for him haha)

Though he has learned today he can infact not climb up walls
93010-7756135282.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You might be able to use pillows or blankets to block off the back of the couch. My guy surfs the walls sometimes too. When I see that I put him in his window seat to look outside. Can't really expand the walls to give him more room to run around =). You may also find it helpful to set up a portable basking lamp somewhere near where he roams. That way he can return to it to warm up while he's out and about and will be less likely to slow down and seek a place to nap when he gets cold. You can always put him back in the tank after a little while too.

My little guy I just got is named Nova too! lol
I can't wait till mine gets a little more comfortable with me so I can hangout with him like you do!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Nova is adorable! and looks pretty confidant and sure of herself, for such a young one. At that age, All Dezi wanted was to eat, eat, and eat some more. (with an occasional break for pooing!) He still hates baths. I only bathe him if he has run his tail through his poo, or if he hasnt pottied in a while, and I want to be sure he is not starting to be impacted-the warm water seems to stimulate him to go potty. But he is a desert creature, and wild ones do not have a great deal of access to ponds and bathing. They can get some nasty scale fungus, if skin is too moist, as well.

Does Nova snuggle, yet? That is great fun--At about six months, Dezi settled down and started to really interact with me, snuggling on me, and just wanting to hang out with me and touch me at all times. We watch TV together (he loves football! I suspect it is due to the colorful uniforms moving about on screen. He spends time on me when ever possible. I have an electric throw blanket that keeps him (and me) warm when it is cool. His favorite hang out besides on me, is on top of the sofa.

Keep posting pictures! We love seeing such happy Beardies!
here is Dezi at around six months, walking on his leash. He was quite large for his age. He is now almost 3 years, and a little over two feet long--easily twice the size of most beardies. He is not a special breed that I know of, Just a big boy, I guess.
82765-3324991637.jpg

Here he is, a fellow couch conquerer!
82765-3228820609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom