My Beard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Ive had her for 4 months and got her from Petsmart as the typical baby 6"-ish size....she has rapidly grown into the 14-15" fat sassy creature she is today :lol:
DSC_3756_zpsu8toqvzs.jpg

Giving me the sour side eye waiting for her Dubia
DSC_3726_zpsjdachsst.jpg

Disillusions of being a raptor
DSC_3731_zpsufa5npu0.jpg

Stalking the poor roaches
DSC_3737_zpszahsiss9.jpg
DSC_3727_zpsfq5gc4fp.jpg

My fav pic of her so far; really shows the orange
DSC_3744_zpsekyvlkbe.jpg

Fat and happy lizard

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
And she knows how to pose, what a ham . :) Be careful that she doesn't gain too much too quickly though.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am kind of thinking she is becoming obese...her neck is kind of fat looking...she has a gut most of the time...and her tail is quite thick.

Like I don't want her to be unhealthy; she poops daily so I know that isnt the issue.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Since she's still young she can grow out of the heftiness, just reduce the amount of insects you feed her. :)

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only feed Dubia...and I have never fed her the boatload most people suggest. Ive got her on 3/4-1" roaches now; about how many should I feed her per day? I have been doing somewhere around 15-20 per day and however much salad/fruit I can get her to eat. I never give her bugs until she eats atleast some salad first. lol I sound like a parent....

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I got her to let me touch her neck and the area is squishy...she is quite active, eyes are clear. I dont think it is really anything to be concerned with; she really isn't that overweight...perhaps a bit but not grossly large.

From my research it seems more female beardies get this flabby neck thing? Anyone else have a bearded with a larger neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom