My Beard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Ive had her for 4 months and got her from Petsmart as the typical baby 6"-ish size....she has rapidly grown into the 14-15" fat sassy creature she is today :lol:
DSC_3756_zpsu8toqvzs.jpg

Giving me the sour side eye waiting for her Dubia
DSC_3726_zpsjdachsst.jpg

Disillusions of being a raptor
DSC_3731_zpsufa5npu0.jpg

Stalking the poor roaches
DSC_3737_zpszahsiss9.jpg
DSC_3727_zpsfq5gc4fp.jpg

My fav pic of her so far; really shows the orange
DSC_3744_zpsekyvlkbe.jpg

Fat and happy lizard

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
And she knows how to pose, what a ham . :) Be careful that she doesn't gain too much too quickly though.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am kind of thinking she is becoming obese...her neck is kind of fat looking...she has a gut most of the time...and her tail is quite thick.

Like I don't want her to be unhealthy; she poops daily so I know that isnt the issue.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Since she's still young she can grow out of the heftiness, just reduce the amount of insects you feed her. :)

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only feed Dubia...and I have never fed her the boatload most people suggest. Ive got her on 3/4-1" roaches now; about how many should I feed her per day? I have been doing somewhere around 15-20 per day and however much salad/fruit I can get her to eat. I never give her bugs until she eats atleast some salad first. lol I sound like a parent....

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I got her to let me touch her neck and the area is squishy...she is quite active, eyes are clear. I dont think it is really anything to be concerned with; she really isn't that overweight...perhaps a bit but not grossly large.

From my research it seems more female beardies get this flabby neck thing? Anyone else have a bearded with a larger neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom