Sharing Nikolai!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissTink

Original Poster
Thanks! :) He was 7 3/4 inches on July 6th and 10 inches now. Is this a good growth rate? He seems a bit "non-bulking" for his length. However, he is a very good eater. :)

Tammy94

Have to be honest I really couldn't answer you that I'm afraid, he's certainly growing much quicker than mine though, and mine is very greedy so it must be good!

Where did you buy him from? I got my beardie from a commercial pet store, and since then have been doing lots of reading and learned that quite often they underfeed them. I assume they give them the minimal amount of food to keep them alive to keep the cost low (I hate that this happens but it's true).

I weigh my Douglas every week and in the 2nd week of having him he gained 36g just in one week!

Wishing i'd got mine when he was as young as yours is now, the babies are so cute! :D

MissTink

Original Poster
Thanks! I got him from Petsmart. He was labeled as a fancy beardie. However, he looks very similar to the small beardies on this site that grew up to be yellow. So I guess I wait and see. This one looked plumped and healthy, and he was the only "fancy" one there was. It is a shame to see these little guys in the stores and notice that only 1 out of the bunch looks healthy. He has a great personality and boy is he ever fast! Had him on my bed this morning and I could not keep up with him, he was darting all over the place. :) I can't wait for him to get larger and I don't have to be "as careful" with him. I always feel like I am going to break him due to his small stature and lack of bulk. Does your tilt its head when you talk to it? I think that is the cutest thing ever. They are like tiny dogs of the lizard world.

Tammy94

Sounds like we got our dragons from similair places :) I got my Douglas from "Pets At Home" I think this is the UK equivelement of Petsmart. It is very sad to know that these guys aren't given the care and love they deserve at the petstore, but look on the bright side he now has you to take care of him and I bet he's super happy now :).

Sounds like he is very full of energy! Believe me you still worry about them even when they are bigger, Douglas is about 8 months old and is reasonable large around 36cms and has a nice little round belly. Even with him being on the larger end of the scale I still worry everytime I pick him up about hurting him!

He does do that too! It's adorable, they are such inquisitive little creatures aren't they. They seem interested in everything :)

Keep posting pics of him, would love to see more of Nikolai :D

MissTink

Original Poster
I will most definitely post more pictures of him... even if my husband thinks I am crazy (which he does). I just added in a new branch for him to climb, so maybe I will grab some pics of him in his "home".

MissTink

Original Poster
More pictures of Nikolai.

In this picture, you can see how his orange is coming through, in his tail and body. I hope he continues on this orange trend. :)

These are taken this morning about 1.5 hours after he woke up.

Tammy94

I'm glad you put up some more pictures of him! He's adorable.

The colours are amazing, he will be such a handsome little chap :D

MissTink

Original Poster
Nikolai was in a "pose" mood this morning... totally love the close-up even if he looks white. I love my little guy!

Love his caramel colored eyes

He shed his left arm this morning, check out the orange that appeared!

MissTink

Original Poster
Whoa! I just measured Nikolai and he is 11 inches already! In three days he had grown 3/4 inch. He seemed bigger this morning, but I did not expect that much bigger! ?

MissTink

Original Poster
Here are two pics taken moments ago. Showing off his colors. :love5: The dark near his sides are a blue/purple color. I could not get a good enough pic to show that particular color. These are before he ate... so he looks a bit skinny.
87929-6881051310.jpg
87929-8121773866.jpg

MissTink

Original Poster
My sweet Nikolai at nearly 19 inches just chilling out.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom