(Officially) Introducing Rey - The Citrus Leatherback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
This is Rey, not sure how she was when I got her, but she was about 7.5" and 17 grams (So I'm guessing 2-3 months).

First day @ 2/9

Patiently awaiting her tank to be cleaned (2/18)

First tail shed,head and body starting (2/22)

Being a fatty (2/25)

????

Even more ????? (Post-body shed)

Post-bath burrito (3/3)

Look at the chubby belly! (3/5)

Binge watching the new House of Cards season

First outdoor adventure...Technically second, she didn't enjoy being our there the first time (3/8)

Scary moment later that afternoon...two fingernails/maybe part of finger got ripped off, bruised back foot, but still okay (Bandage is off, don't worry)

You call that food? (3/12)

Post-50+ dubia frenzy, tail shed finishing up again, arms and legs starting (3/16)

She's now 10" & 60 grams (6 weeks), her colors are coming in nicely

Her hand is looking okay, the loose nail is rotting off now. She is a little hesitant to put her weight on it at all times so it's a little bit sensitive. Her back foot seems 'thicker' than the one that wasn't hurt in the branch accident...doesn't seem bothered by it though.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2xkhrs0e said:
Those photos are cute. How's she doing, aside from the injured finger?

So far so good! I just got a cheap leash off of amazon so that was pretty cool, now I can have her run around without being completely scared of her running off somewhere.

She's crushing 50+ bugs a day...frantically buying more and more dubias lol. Ordered a sample of medium-sized ones so if those work maybe those will fill her up quicker

syoung27

Hatchling Member
Cute little guy, what happened to his feet? :(
I remember when my guy was little chillin on my bed, I went to lean back then felt something shaking and I was squishing his little hand with my finger! No injuries or issues though lol. Felt so bad

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
syoung27":32rooug6 said:
Cute little guy, what happened to his feet? :(
I remember when my guy was little chillin on my bed, I went to lean back then felt something shaking and I was squishing his little hand with my finger! No injuries or issues though lol. Felt so bad

A very large branch fell from a tree nearly on top of her. Took off one of her nails on her front foot completely, second nail is falling off slowly. And (bruised) her back foot, not sure, it seems a little bit swollen

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Picked up a neat little leash for pretty cheap off of Amazon...as of 3/23, Rey is now 10.5" and 74 grams. (Up 14 grams and .6" in 7 days). Full body shed minus tail, her nail fell off after hanging on for a few days, hand seems to be recovering well otherwise. She crushed I think 80 dubias today.

Y u do dis to me?? (3/17)

Happy as a...well-fed dragon (3/20)

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought it might've been a little bit chilly, but I wanted her to have some time outside of the tank while I was writing some essays...improv'ed and used tape and a command hook to setup a heat lamp lol. Better than nothing, right?
It's crazy how mesmerized they can get looking out a window...any time she's out of the tank she runs around like a madman but she hasn't moved at all since putting her in that spot.

Looks like she may loose the tip of another finger, retained shed on the finger that looks like it's starting to constrict the very end of the finger. I've given baths hoping it'll let loose before the finger falls off but may be a little bit too late. Oh well...3 down, still 17 nails left!

(3/27), 88g & 10.75"

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin is the same way with the window. Runs around like a crazy man but will sit still looking out the window all day. I'm glad to see she has some window time. That's too bad about her other finger. Try putting some plain aloe on it and see if that loosens the skin a bit.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Seriously didn't realize how big she got!

2 months and 2 days together! Weighed in today at 130 grams and 12.4". Quite the weight spike after switching to mediums (115g three days ago) :lol:

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Figure I'd keep y'all update if anyone's interested.

I'll have to measure her after all my finals are over. She just finished her face/arms/legs shed and her body will start any day now.

As of 5/3, she's 14" and 205 grams

WOAH, Man (4/16)
YpAIAF5.jpg

Just working...at my desk (4/28)

Lil' bit cranky with her shed :lol: (4/29)

Smiling & happy her face is clean! (5/1)

Pt. 2 (5/3)

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's been a while since I've updated this thread....sorry for the poor quality pics :D

(5/22) 15" and 300 grams
rblkV5k.jpg

(6/25) 16.3" and 415 grams

3d3I27N.jpg

DoBD9Ff.jpg

pODEQJ0.jpg

(7/18) 16.6" and 460 grams

cFoy1QO.jpg

(8/8) 17.1" and 529 grams

FQI0ZYh.jpg

nggsY6G.jpg

(8/24) 17.25" and 580 grams

tsJw9kU.jpg

nHKfOaY.jpg

8V1rwXq.jpg

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm marking today as her 1st birthday! (11/9)

I've had her for 9 months now, just guessing she was 3 months when I got her

She's on the smaller end of the length spectrum (17.5" or so)
Certainly on the upper side of the weight spectrum I'd say (625g)

But she appears to be happy, I've transitioned her to salad during the week, and bugs/salad during the weekend. Wondering if she'll be ready to brumate at any point

xhwI8pD.jpg

5YqSVmP.jpg

xQtHwwV.jpg

Had to include a picture of her trying to sleep but me interfering
cWm5hb8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom