Spike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
I thought I would create a thread to document Spikes growth, for myself and anyone else like me who loves looking at beardie pics!

P1010725.jpg

First day home!

P1010733.jpg

A few days later..

P1010743.jpg

Giving me his.. Whatchoo doin?? look..

P1010791.jpg

Two weeks into his life here with us.. and super grumpy "I'm in shed.. leave me alone!" look..

P1010897.jpg

Nearly a month.. and hes beginning to outgrow his favorite spot.

P1010915.jpg

Very sexy leg!

P1010907.jpg

Mom.. check out how big I'm getting!!

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's amazing. I can't wait to see how his colors come out! I found out the other day.. that in the sun.. he gets super orange everywhere.. on his head.. cheeks.. lips.. thighs.. it was amazing, but the sun bleached out the pics so I couldn't capture it. Going to add new growth pics soon. That last one was two weeks ago.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Spike as of today!!

P1010931.jpg

Getting ready to squeeze into his favorite sleeping position

P1010933.jpg

Look... I still fits!!

P1010927.jpg

Warming up after bath time!

P1010926.jpg

Spike's new place of honor.. on the dresser! We relocated an angelfish and a leopard gecko for him!

Not sure if you can see it but in the second pic you can see that his feet are finally shedding. His tail shed last week.. and he has been so grumpy since. He stopped eating for almost 2 days. Now that its finally beginning to come off.. his head will be next.. then his back.. and then I get my sweet inquisitive beardie back!

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Is it normal for color to change so much as they grow? I noticed a lot of people's beardies get lighter or more colorful as they grow. Spike has gotten darker. He was tan and orange when we got him.
SPIKE.jpg

Now he goes from brown and orange to grey and orange. Sometimes in the sun he gets light brown and orange.. but that's it.
P1020014_zpsa1eb7751.jpg

And.. is there any way to know what he might look like fully grown? ( I don't know what the parents looked like since hes from petco )

Anyway.. here are a few more pics of today's outside time.

P1020010_zps1f89ff41.jpg

P1020013_zps3bc6fa79.jpg

P1020014_zpsa1eb7751.jpg

P1020017_zps64d3c561.jpg

P1020016_zps088ed7f6.jpg

P1020021_zpsb81c9cdd.jpg

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a few more pics that I got tonight.. also I wanted to know if anyone could tell me for sure.. if Spike is a boy or girl.

P1020045_zpscf787b44.jpg

From what I have read.. I've been leaning toward girl.. but I would like to know for sure.

P1020035_zps05cb8ff6.jpg

P1020038_zpsa3a35a11.jpg

P1020046_zps21e07f87.jpg

P1020030_zps380a7ebe.jpg

P1020051_zpse99105fa.jpg

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
I like the bright orange against the dark brown :D .
I'm leaning towards girl too but it's a little hard to tell from that picture. :?

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have two more pics.. but I dont know what I am looking for.. so I dont really know what to take a picture of.. Here they are.

P1020042_zps5b841833.jpg

P1020043_zps47267a1f.jpg

These seem worse than the first...

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Based on your photos I'm leaning towards female. The picture where you have the tail arched back over her back exposes the vent area well, and I don't see any bumps where the hemipenes would be. I'm not sure on the spelling of that, basically I don't see any boy parts :laughing6:

-Kaleen

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks.. I do too. Its amazing when shes been out in the sun a while.. her face turns all orange and red.. and so do parts of her legs!

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Hey Spike's human...just had to look you up and see your sweet Spike! Just precious...no wonder you are so in love. Glad I found this so I can keep up you with your beardie too! They are so funny. We have only had Hemi since Sept 9th, so we are still trying to get him fully adjusted. He was a Petsmart baby. That was a really great trip to the pet store! But I always look at the ones still waiting for families and feel bad. He was in a tank with one other beardie, and we left it there :cry: Our nearest Petsmart is over an hour away and I have been back twice and both times the other dragon is still there. I feel so bad for it. Maybe it is a good thing that you should only have one per tank otherwise....there would be a ton of them at my house :lol:

What are you feeding Spike because she is growing like crazy!!!

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hemilover.. Spike gets dusted crickets in the morning, more crickets mid-day, and either reptiworms or more crickets for dinner.. plus her collard greens. I tried many different veggies but so far the only thing she likes is collards. She eats like a champ except when shes in shed.. then she sometimes goes a day with only a few crickets. I feed my crickets gutload, beardie pellets, carrots, and potatos. I guess I am doing something right, because she is just over 3 months old and about 15 inches long, the last time I measured. I was looking for a measuring tape today but couldn't find it. I'm not sure if her growth is on target or not.. I really don't know what their size should be for their age. I had lost my media card reader .. but found it today.. so here are some pics from the past week.

P1020233.jpg

P1020234.jpg

P1020236.jpg

Checking out Hemi.. on the forums!
P1020245.jpg

P1020249.jpg

P1020250.jpg

Getting into the mess on my desk..
P1020252.jpg

P1020253.jpg

Getting out of the mess on my desk.. lol
P1020256.jpg

Ugh.. more pictures... let me sleep!
P1020262.jpg

Belly?? I have no belly... but I have sexy legs!!
P1020269.jpg

P1020270.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom