Introducing Chopin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eye on this baby for 2 weeks and finally brought him/her home today. This is Chopin named after Frédéric Chopin! No clue on age or sex but Chopin is currently 13G and 7.5 inches in length.

GJqnAwP.jpg

Un7Tamb.jpg

WF0GGY8.jpg

yJACxSL.jpg

t7oHFx3.jpg

UIsCpsd.jpg

My BF making a quick tabletop for my 1800's piano legs and Chopin's Tank.
KY0q8aB.jpg

YICc864.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jennie, Chopin is a beautiful + healthy looking leatherback. :) He/she is probably about 2 months old at that size. Your set up is good , it could use a nice long basking stick [ beardies love to climb ] like I have here in this pic when I had hatchlings. These can be gotten outside [ not pine ] and popped in a preheated 250 oven for 45-60 minutes.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full

Is there a uvb bulb on the top ? If so, is it a coil/compact ?

JennieLovesKisses

Original Poster
My basking spot is sitting at a low of 107, high of 111 according to my temp gun (2" away) on the wood log alone, but I would love to add some more climbing basking areas! I'm using a 3ft reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb with the fixture spanning the entire enclosure. Same setup I've used with previous BDs. Super duper basic setup atm; We moved about a month ago and my hording of reptile/small animal supplies are packed up still SOMEwhere lol. I thought s/he was a leatherback! Timer set for 12 hour rotations. I currently don't have a CHE, we dont let out temps get below 65 at night in the house anyways, which should be fine, but I'm still going to keep an eye on it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh yes, when I looked again closely at the pic I can see the bulb at the top inside. Do you know if it;s a t8 or at5 ? The t5 is the thinner but more powerful uvb bulb. If it;s the t8 it would be good to get a long branch that you can prop against the log or brick on one end and then prop the other end against the glass about half way up on the other side. Then Chopin can get closer to or further from the heat + uvb as he wants to. And if you'd ike, I can probably sex him/her for you if you arch the tail up high [ think of a dog that is very alert, tail high in the air ] and get a few pics of the rear end. :)

JennieLovesKisses

Original Poster
Its a T8 bulb. I found quite a few things while unpacking to use for Chopin to climb higher, I'm excited to put them in :D I'll be sure to get photos of that cute little bum too LMAO Thank you so much its super appreciated!

JennieLovesKisses

Original Poster
Okay, I added a bit more climbing areas with a variety of basking+UVB spots. Whatcha think? I may add a bit more on my cool side, Petco doesn't offer squat for logs/branches so I may sanitize some of my own at home this week.

iTn0z2n.jpg

I did add some stabilizing rocks around the antler points and end for support afterwards so there arent any tipping accidents.
LYEE69G.jpg

He now has his fancy name banner LOL
yjZqdOH.jpg

The bum, which wasn't easy, was being a little squirmy. Let me know if ill need to get a better shot or different angles.
03uTL8R.jpg

7he5wJk.jpg

Nd2WGWM.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Last reply was a few days old, but he's very cute!!
That being said, based on photos I'd say he's presenting as male as I'm seeing 2 bumps on the sides of the base of the tail near vent. I'm unsure if this was confirmed for you already, but I did not see a response yet on this topic

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, that looks good for climbing. :) Keep in mind that he'll outgrow that very quickly so a thicker branch should be added soon.

And yes, he does appear to be a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom