Hello from Douglas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammy94

Original Poster
Hey Mordecai, thanks for stopping by to see how Douglas is doing, he's doing incredibly well!

He's now measuring 19" and weighing in at 523G which doesn't seem to be slowing down!

Some recent pics of Douglas:

Looking grumpy as he always does!
IMG_20161104_080250_zpsgiac5jwx.jpg

One of my recent favourites despite him looking a little bit evil :twisted: :lol:
IMG_20161026_075811_zpshoy85b0v.jpg

He's getting real big now!

IMG_20161022_103338_zpsg4xh9icl.jpg

IMG_20161013_205705_zpsqw8rkmiv.jpg

Even though Doug is approaching adulthood he still seems to love cuddling his new(ish) sloth toy :D
IMG_20161009_230934_zpswudt1clm.jpg

If the pet store was correct with their information, then Douglas has just reached 12 months. We're now slowing down his food a little with the aim to reduce him down to 1 live feed a day hoping to encourage him to eat his salad a little more.

He's an even happier dragon now and seems incredibly healthy, although he's been a little quieter in these colder months he's still enjoying cuddles, grubs and being generally lazy :)

Tammy94

Original Poster
Oh wow what a cutie! What is his/her name? :D I love the patterns on his face, lovely little stripes above the eyes.

Thanks for the kind words, as you can see Douglas is quite fond of himself too :lol:

IMG_20170116_212316_zpshvmu3hvv.jpg

Tammy94

Original Poster
Hey Mordecai :) Douglas is going through a bit of a rough patch at the mo, but seems to be coming along alright.

His eating slowed down a lot and he lost a fair bit of weight along with some tummy upsets, he's been to the vets though for xrays bloods & fecal and all seems well with the exception of slightly low white blood count so he's going to take a course of antibiotics to fight anything that could be causing that.

How is Mordecai doing? Last time I checked your thread he looked really well, and happy. Such a cutie :)

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Hey Tammy94 Mordecai is doing good. He's not really been eating much but his weight is staying style so I'm not real worried. Sorry to hear Douglas is not feeling himself. Hope the meds help. Here is a picture of Mordecai hanging out in the window.
86288-2927452433.jpg

Tammy94

Original Poster
Glad he is doing well! Nice to see him enjoying the view :) They seem to love gazing out of windows don't they! Douglas explores the house nearly every day now, he's always tapping on his glass to come out, each week he changes his mind as to which room in the house he prefers. At the minute he's a big fan of the bedroom! He likes to explore the nooks and crannies then eventually snuggles in a dark quiet area for a nap :lol:

Mordecai

Juvie Member
They love there naps. Mordecai only gets to explore the den. No other animals are allowed in that room
Most of the time he walks around for a bit then finds a corner to put his head in and takes a nap. Silly dragons :]

Tammy94

Original Poster
Hey Guys, update on Douglas :D

He's doing tons better now, he's picked back up on his eating and has gained nearly 30g back in weight. I actually think he is now greedier than he was before he was poorly!! We didn't actually need give him medication in the end as I figured if nothing was up with him injecting him with antibiotic would do more harm than good, and our little guy is back to normal now!

He's still lazy as ever though!
File_000_zpspwq6c2l9.jpeg

We're so happy our little guy is well again :D
File_003_zpsyvyholkv.jpeg

Every morning he runs at his glass waiting for mummy to get up and let him out, when he's out he runs to the same spot in the bedroom curls up and falls to sleep on our shoes?!

File_004_zpse3mldfqe.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom