Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":111ww7w1 said:
Elyssa fell asleep in her bed, so cute, she just opened her eyes for the flash and went right back to sleep
full
smiley1117.gif

Look at how cute Elyssa is sleeping in her big girl bed! She looked even tinier, almost lost under the covers.

brandymulvaine

Hatchling Member
Tonja, so sorry to hear about Emily! :cry: I'm still reading your thread, it's been slow going though, summers are so busy! Your new lil' girl is such a cutie! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Elyssa is adorable! Absolutely love her coloring. Emily is already teaching her how to redecorate. She sure looks precious laying on that big bed with her little head on the pillow. :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for the picture, its just hard to see her itty bitty nails for me. I will have to wait till shes a bit older to really see them. RIght now her nails are about the size of the tip of a pin.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sorry no updates for a while. I have been sick and on antibiotics and pain meds. Got a sinus infection that settled in my teeth and jaw. I looked like a rabid chipmunk but am getting better. 2 weeks in bed with pain in my head but anyway.

I have changed Elyssa's name to Emma. Emma is shedding, eating like a pig and doing really well. She is up over 60 grams now and discovered hornworms today and loves them. She is eating medium crickets now and chases them like a champion cricket wrangler :lol:
Emmett is slowing down a bit and wants to lay in his bed a little more. I am thinking he will bromate this year but otherwise he is active healthy and very alert.
Emilio loves his hornworms and his dubia.
when they come in I am going to try Emma on dubia but all I have right now are medium sized which are way to big for her.
Will get some new pictures up tonight or tomorrow of them. For now gotta take a pain pill and lay down...yall take care!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry you're not well. Sinus infections are horrible, especially when they affect your teeth/jaws. Hope the antibiotics will work fast and that you'll be back to feeling all better.

Why the change in names? "Elyssa" didn't 'go with the flow'? ;)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
my neighbors daughters name is alyssa so felt I needed to change Elyssa to an em name. I love the name Emma. antibiotics are working as the swelling is gone but still in pain. see the surgeon tomorrow to have everything drained. apt is at 2:30.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My Em trio are doing really well. I am going to post some quick pictures as I am tired and still in a little pain and my pain meds make me sleepy.
Emilio still does not like to be held to much. I can pet him but, he hates being picked up. His colors are so pretty and he's shedding his casque <veil> again. He has really gotten huge and eats like there is no tomorrow.
full

Emma is really growing, she is 70 grams now up from 51 when I got her. She is going to be really pretty when shes a grown dragon. She eats everything you offer her and loves her bath and actually drinks from it. She loves her water. I have to take her out of the bath so she will stop gulping. She will drink non stop if you let her lol.
watching me get her crickets
full

she loves her teddy bear and plays on it quite often
full

She loves her bed and uses it quite frequently to cool down
full

full

Emmett is slowing down and is getting sleepy. I don't know when they start to bromate but, it seems he wants to or is just lazy one. He spends a lot of time in his bed and only basks when he has a full tummy for a couple of hours. He did have a bath today and drank a lot of water also. I don't know what it is with these two, they are not dehydrated but really love to gulp the water.
a sleepy Emmett
full

sleepy baby
full

sleepy eyes
full

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Emilio's colors are amazing. Too bad that he still doesn't like to be picked up/held.

Emma is such a pretty baby beardie. Wait til the day when she outgrows her teddy bear, when she goes to climb up on top of its head and go "boom" :lol: It was a sad day for Pookie, but hysterical for me.

Poor Emmett. He looks so tired.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They can brumate at any time, Tonja, so that may be it. Is it really hot at your place? It's very hot here still and my crew are sleepy by 3p, well Castiel will stay up until 5p but that's it. And they're all to young for brumation. So that could be it.

I'm so glad Emma's doing so well, such a pretty name for a pretty girl. She really does love her big bed :D

Emilio is getting really big :shock: and I just love his colours. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't like being held. Alot of chamelions don't like to be held, but at least you can pet him.

Your 3 are doing so well, now to get you 100% again. Sinus infections are so awful, glad you're starting to feel better. Hope all goes well at the surgeon's for you.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Please bare with me over the next few days, I am still not 100% and still in some pain although the infection is gone.

Emmett is still sleepy and gets in his bed about 4 pm and still looks so very sleepy. Hes eating well and drinking his water from the bath but he just wants to sleep from about 4 pm till lights are on at 9 am. I miss him when he is sleeping so much. Temps here are getting cooler and nothing but storms lately so that may be affecting him.
Emma is growing like a weed at almost 80 grams and a foot long. She loves her hornworms and her dubia roaches. I gave them fresh salads and she picked out her cantaloupe and ate it with her green beans and snow peas. She isn't fond yet of the greens themselves but will nibble them. SHe was funny this afternoon. She had her back foot on her bridge, had her front foot on the salad bowl and the rest of her was just hanging off the bridge while eating some more of her salad. She is also in the process of shedding her tail, its going white and waxy. She loves her bath and drinks a lot of water from it like Emmett does. Shes so well hydrated. She eats tons with her calcium one feeding a day and vitamins on weekends.
Emilio is shedding yet again, seems like he is always shedding. He loves hornworms and the bigger the better, he will gobble them down. He is well over 16 inches long from head to tail tip.
I am really missing Geico and Emily lately and its so hard. I still say good night to them every night through the window since they are buried under the window where their tanks were.
Its late and I best get some sleep. I will try to get some more pictures up of them in the next couple of days.
I have been working on another project for my pirate themed Halloween..I built a cardboard and Styrofoam cannon lol. Anyway take care. I will update again soon. Please don't close my thread, I am just not feeling good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom