Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I get home from work last night and I saw a miracle in the girls' house!

(click to view)

Shortly before I filmed the video, MoMo had her right eye opened a slit while I was saying hello to her.

Because I kept bugging her by going to say hi and stroking her chin, she had her very unhappy colors on all day, until she finally had enough and went back deep into her cave early afternoon.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I saw that video on your facebook post yesterday. I guess Momo didn't want to wake up just yet. Our girls have been very depressed because every time they want to go outside they couldn't because it wasn't warm enough for them, it was only in the 60's for a high. Today they were finally able to go outside while I was at work. Rosie made up for lost time by running everywhere and then Squirt and Rosie were chasing each other around a lot, almost like two women having an argument.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
You are right, Lori. Even though MoMo was no longer hiding deep inside her cave, she was not ready to be awake just yet. I guess she was testing out whether it's truly spring already or it was just a joke.

I'll bet both Rosie and Lil Squirt had the time of their lives yesterday. Gianna had been banging on the windows begging to go outside, though I have no idea why because she gets so stressed out being outdoors.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Winter is officially over and Spring is officially here!!! :blob5:

How do I know this? Because . . .

MoMo has risen!!!
smiley1381.gif

She actually came out of her cave, crawled over to Digi and hugged her, and sat on top of the other cave and basked. She even ate some greens and a couple of supers!

I am a little sad that Digi didn't want anything to do with MoMo though. When MoMo was trying to snuggle with her, she didn't want any of it and tried to squirm away. Then, just a few minutes ago, when MoMo slowly crawled on the top of the couch over to the window where Digi was, Digi actually black bearded and head bobbed and foot stomped at her. Then, she actually ran over to MoMo and bit her on the back of her neck :( I think Digi had become used to being by herself, receiving all of the attention (though Gianna and Pookie and Squirt were awake as well), and not having to share anything. It could explain why Digi never brumated this winter; she wanted to know what it's like to be the only girl again :dontknow:

Anyway, I tried assuring Digi that MoMo is still the same as before, that nothing had changed, that I will still pay attention to her and love her as I had always done. I also told Digi that MoMo still loves her and looks up to her. Hope my talk worked.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Day at a time, but so glad to hear MoMo is up. You'll have to keep an eye on Digi, so that she has time to know that MoMo is up. Keep me posted, I'm hoping the negative goes away and they become loving sisters again.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Digi eventually had enough of sitting in front of the window with MoMo and wanted to go back home, which I obliged. Shortly after, she went inside her cave and looked like she was sulking :( She stayed inside her cave up til I put MoMo back for night night. I had gotten involved in doing something (no clue anymore what that was; my entire weekend was a blur due to work-related shtuff) and when I went to check in on the girls, Digi was sitting half out of her cave and MoMo was nowhere in sight. I figured that MoMo had gone back into the cave that she had slept in for these past few months, but when I looked in, the cave was empty. Then I carefully looked inside Digi's cave (which was originally MoMo's cave) and I saw a section of a tail that didn't look like Digi's. As it turns out, MoMo squeezed herself inside Digi's cave and snuggled on top of her sister's back, just like old times. Granted, Digi didn't have a black beard nor did she look upset over what had happened, but I consoled her nonetheless and reminded her of how much MoMo loves her and always wants to snuggle with her, especially during bedtime. A little while later, Digi crawled completely out of her cave and slept on top of the alligator. I tried to convince her to go into the other cave to sleep, but she wouldn't budge, so I picked her up and put her inside, with her butt and tail hanging out. She didn't even attempt to crawl all the way in.

I can't wait to go home and see how the girls got along today.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
This is how the girls slept last night until I woke them up this morning:
2015_03-24.jpg

Since I can't remember if I ever posted these photos of MoMo, here they are again if I already had:

(10/28)
2014_10-28a.jpg

(11/8)
2014_11-08.jpg

And a cute video of the girls from 11/8:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I liked that video, made me laugh at Digi struggling to get out, then crawling on top of Momo, then the look on her face like she's being patient waiting for Digi to get off of her head. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
beardie parents":43chcxb8 said:
I liked that video, made me laugh at Digi struggling to get out, then crawling on top of Momo, then the look on her face like she's being patient waiting for Digi to get off of her head. :lol:
That's the price she pays for squeezing into the cave when Digi's already in there :laughing6:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I am so depressed that I'm beyond being depressed
smiley3678.gif

Callie had finally showed up yesterday (Tuesday) morning. She was sitting on the front stoop of the unfinished house across the street. When I saw her, she was grooming herself and sniffing the steps and plywood walls. I watched her for a few minutes to see if she would make her way over to my house, but she stayed put, so I decided to go to her with her breakfast. As soon as I stepped outside, I called to her, but she didn't hear me. I called her name again a little louder, and she immediately stopped grooming and started to meow. Her meows were so loud that I clearly heard her from the end of my driveway. However, she didn't jump down and run over to me; instead, she stayed on the front stoop with an almost alert stance. When I was about half way onto the property, she finally stood up but still wouldn't walk down the steps. It wasn't until I was a few feet from the steps that she walked down and came over to me, but it wasn't the same happy prance I'd become to accustomed to seeing. I placed her food bowl down on the ground and she went right to it, but she only licked the food, never taking any bites. I said hello to her, asked her how she was doing, and told her that I missed her. I petted the top of her head, back, and even her cheek. Then she walked behind around me and sat behind me, just like she used to. Eventually she came back around and ate a few bites of food as I fed her from the spoon. At that point, it was 10am and I had to go back into the house for a teleconference call. I asked her if she wanted to go to the backyard and I'll give her the rest of her breakfast; she gave me an excited look and started walking, but then suddenly stopped. I asked again if she wanted to go to my backyard, and again she started to walk, but then stopped again. When I started to walk ahead of her, instead of following me, she suddenly cowered to the ground then bolted under the construction trailer. I placed her bowl down on the front stoop, hoping that she'd re-emerge after I left. All during my teleconference, I kept looking out the living room window to see if she had come back, but she never did. Instead, a squirrel had sneaked in a couple of handfuls.

After my meeting was over, I went back outside and called to her, but she wasn't around anymore. I walked around the lot, calling to her. No response. I stood still to listen for any rustling noises from the field next to the lot and the woods next to my house. Nothing. After waiting a few minutes, I gave up and went back home, feeling totally empty.

It took me the entire day to come to this conclusion: I was wearing my black coat (hanging by the front door) and not the usual blue coat that she's used to seeing (hanging in the laundry room, at the back of the house). Even though she recognized my voice and face, she didn't recognize my "body". At least that's what I'm hoping had happened, instead of her not recognizing (or remembering) me at all.

smiley3132.gif

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll have to try again wearing the blue coat & see how that goes. You can't give up, she does remember you, so try again. I know how you feel, that sinking feeling & pain in your heart but please don't give up.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's official! My girls are strange.

For the past 2 nights (not including last night), MoMo had been up to her usual routine by squeezing herself into the same cave that Digi was already in for night night, and Digi's usual had always been slowly oozing herself out of the cave to give MoMo more room (she is just too nice), which resulted in MoMo slowly making her way out of the cave just so she could still be touching a part of Digi's body. Well, not sure who couldn't take it anymore, but last night, neither of the girls slept inside either of the caves. MoMo had been on top of her cave (the one in the corner of their house) basking all day, and she pretty much just zonked out when the lights turned off. Digi had been sitting on top of the alligator after giving up on pacing her house, and had zonked out there.

I will never figure those two out.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I guess the girls had worked things out because when I got home from work tonight, MoMo was back in the same cave that she had been sleeping in and Digi was half way into the other cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom