Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like Emilio is keeping you busy cleaning out those heads and legs. Each to their own, right :lol: I'm sorry to hear there's more snow. Spring has to be on it's way soon, after all March starts in a week.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Tonja":1x2zlxpi said:
Yes this is normal for all winter long..warm, cold, warm bitter cold...wait 3 minutes if you don't like the weather, it will change. Our weather patterns are not like any I have seen in any state I have lived in.

It almost sounds like AZ. The weather changes a lot, we just don't get the snow you get. Flagstaff, AZ (in Northern Arizona) gets a lot more snow than we do. When we get snow it's rare and only maybe a dusting. The only time Sierra Vista. AZ got a lot of snow it was 18 inches in one day and, for the most part, closed the whole town down for 4 days. i was in the quad city area of Iowa that winter and it was the worst one they'd had in many years. I much prefer the snow we get ( or don't get) here.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Snow is still coming down and more expected <heavier bands> this afternoon sometime into tomorrow. Hubby isn't going to work tomorrow, roads are icy and will only get worse. Here ya go, the snowblowing has begun while its light snow, did the long driveway, the sidewalks, the neighbors driveway and the street gutters around our house. It doesn't look it in the pictures but we have about a foot so far. Our driveway slopes badly, so one side is not as heavy with snow.
full

You can see the ice under the snow in spots. For those that don't know..Epsom salts will melt snow to slush so it can be removed much easier. It also provides good traction on walks an porches and cheaper than any other alternative.
full

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pretty impressive that Emilio spits out the cricket heads. What a talent! ;)

Nice fluffy snow is tolerable, but when it's mixed with sleet, it's the pits.
Hope your weather will behave soon.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Despite the snowy weather <all totaled, probably 14 inches, Emily and Emmett are doing great. Snow is still coming down hard. Someone needs to throw the switch on the snow and make it stop. Enough already, em and em wanna get back outside. More snow for the weekend also. 5 minutes outside and your toes and fingers are frozen.
Emilio isn't spitting out cricket heads or legs :oops: those were little Emilio poopies with heads and legs in them. :oops: :lol: He sure makes a lot of them.
Brought 2 small fresh snowballs into the house, showed one to Emmett and he licked it, ran to the corner of his tank, guess I know how feels about snow. Emily just looked at me like I was stupid or something. I think it dripped on her :lol: Other than weather everything is fine as long as my internet stays connected to something.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":1h0u3agh said:
Brought 2 small fresh snowballs into the house, showed one to Emmett and he licked it, ran to the corner of his tank, guess I know how feels about snow. Emily just looked at me like I was stupid or something. I think it dripped on her :lol:
:laughhard: Emmett has the same reaction to snow as the rest of us who are already sick and tired of the white stuff.
Man, I would love to hear what Emily has to say about everything one of these days. She cracks me up.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Got all 3 of my babies up at 9 am this morning. Emilio looked a little pale this morning but, I ignored it. I made all 3 fresh salads of collards, spaghetti squash and a little carrot topped with chopped strawberry. Then it was bath time for the 3 of them. I went in to get Emilio and he was in a full blown shed in a matter of an hour, went from pale to explosion. Anyway all 3 got baths and Emmett drank from the bath for the first time in a long time. I thought he was going to empty the bath of water. Emily had her few gulps of water and both pooped. Emilio shed in the warm bath, it just fell off him.
Before Emilio's Bath
full

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I remember our first two beardies (just over 10 years ago) we shared snow with them, Miss O (our loving sweetheart) and Miss Y (our ornery one) one time. They were not impressed in the least.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Tonja":2rshfjq3 said:
Yes this is normal for all winter long..warm, cold, warm bitter cold...wait 3 minutes if you don't like the weather, it will change. Our weather patterns are not like any I have seen in any state I have lived in.
That is EXACTLY how it is in this part of NC!!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Aww look at Emilio! We had 6-8 inches of snow and temps in the single digits on Saturday and tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50s... That's Missouri for you...

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, we are getting snow again today through tomorrow. It's snowing here again now. I can believe it for Missouri being from Arkansas myself. Stay warm.
Emily, Emmett and Emilio are up now and basking. They get fed between 10 and 11 am. Just going to stay in today as it is snowing again. I hope its true that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb since March is coming in like a lion with all the snow. I am sure Emily and Emmett miss being outside but I refuse to take them out when its so cold.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Tonja,

That is so cool Emilio shed that quickly, he is beautiful. :D
How is your weather?
Is your entire gang up basking too?

Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that is some fast shedding, Emilio, guess he'll be that way until he's older, then he'll patch in pieces like our beardies?

I'm sorry you're getting so much snow. We're in full spring during the day here, then cold at night (well cold by my standards, anyway, my blood has thinned considerably in the last 27 years LOL). But hearing what you & others are putting up with, I'm sure not complaining.

I know it's hard to not let our babies out during the day when it's so cold. I open the balcony window in the am when it's sunny, but it's still too cold for them to enjoy the sunshine, so I close it up again. Hopefully it'll get warmer soon. And yes, I'm hoping this is just temporary for you and spring starts soon.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
just got Emily, Emmett and Emilio up for the day. Tank cleaning day for all 3 of them. Got some baby hornworms for Emilio yesterday and he gobbles them up. Got some dubia for Emily and Emmett. Looks like its going to be a pretty day outside today. Hopefully it will be warm enough to take Emily and Emmett outside for a bit. They cant get on the grass or in the tree as snow is still melting but they can sit with me outside for some natural sunlight. I hope anyway! Best get busy and make salads for all 3 and yes chameleons do eat some plant matter. Then I am off to Home Depot to see if they have an umbrella plant <live> to put in Emilio's tank. That will help raise his humidity. So that's our day with the lizards today..its never ending but I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom