Looking to rehome bearded dragon/rescue NY -no rehoming fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkschnapp

So unfortunately over the past month or so my bearded dragon has become slightly ill. You can read all about it in the post below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=256967

Basically my beardie has beggining stages of MBD and we began treatment for it 2 weeks ago. He's not eating so I've been syringe feeding him food and RX grade calcium everyday. Since I began the syringe feeding and RX calcium he does seem to be doing better. Unfortunately the vet bills are piling up and i can't afford to keep bringing him to the vet every 2 weeks for checkups to see if he's doing any better. I got him when he was approx. 4 months old and have done everything 100% to a t, I've owned bearded dragons before. He is around 9 months old at this point.

- At this point I would like to rehome him to someone who has the time and resources to take care of him. He is still not eating on his own, and his MBD is limited right now to tremors, no physical deformities have manifested hes still able to run and jump around.

- I live on Long Island NY and would like to give my beardie to someone who has the complete tank set up already and is willing to care for my baby. They said his refusal to eat could be due to something other then MBD like a virus or cancer. Or after several months of treatment he could be all better and you'd have a beautiful citrus trans dragon. Uncortunately its just too hard for me emotionally dealing with this sick animal right now, so I would like to pass him off to someone who knows beardies well and would be able to take good care of him. With the beardie id give you the bottle of RX grade calcium which he gets once a day, and the food thats supposed to bring back his appetite that you feed 5 ml to him once a day. After some time of this his appetite is supposed to return.

- if you are interested and feel this is something you can handle, please message me or you can text me at 631-241-5273. This is extremely emotional for me making this post, but I believe its whats best for him at this time. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear you need to find a new home for Iggy. He looks healthy based on the photos you posted. I will chime in on your other thread with some more thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom