Rescuing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad the honey seems to be working! As far as hydration goes, he may just not be thirsty. They can get quite a bit of hydration from fresh food. If his poops look hydrated then he is probably getting enough. It's still good to offer water in case he wants it, but I wouldn't be forceful about it. Some of them will drink from a water bowl after a while if you flick at the water and create some movement so that's worth a try too.

Genofdistinct

Original Poster
So I finally came up with a plan to help Draco get proper UVB, I can’t get any lights right now as I’m still working around money, but I did come up with a plan. Once a day for four hours I put him in my non rescues (jerald) cage and put her in his, so he gets some uvb. When he’s in her cage he’ll drink water and eat salad, but in his he refuses. So until I get to the point where I can build him a cage and buy proper uvb,the cage swaping does the job.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suggest being careful about that since that introduces the risk of contaminating eachothers enclosures if there is an illness. It may be better to switch the lights if that's possible. It's interesting that his behavior changes in the other enclosure though. That may indicate a lighting issue as you suspect, or it could be that he prefers the configuration of the other one. Are they set up differently?

Genofdistinct

Original Poster
quite. All he has in his cage is wooden plank and a log. In Jerald’s cage she has a hammock,two trees, and a small log, so he gets lots of things to climb on. Also the lighting is not a suscipion it’s a fact. I’m not sure of what brand but Draco has a form of coil bulb, which is a total no go. Jerald has a reptisun T-8

Genofdistinct

Original Poster
Sorry for the lack of updates, draco is doing incredible! His eye is still a concern because I haven’t been able to scrape together the money for a vet appointment, but he’s happy, loves to eat now, and has gained a lot of weight! You can still tell he was a rescue and his mouth is a little saggy (confirming my thought that he had mdb, but that’s the only sign other than a slight underbite that’s died down a bit, his jaw gets stronger everyday too!) he’s gotten into the habit of head bobbing at my girl, but funnily enough she doesn’t seem to care.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Wonderful!! Can we see some new pictures of him? Your female is Jerald, do you have a name for this boy - maybe I missed it in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom