I'm Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Today is the first time I looked at this particular Board/Topic.
I thought I might find a nice BD looking for a new home, rather than getting one from a breeder (like getting a dog/cat from the pound/humane society instead of a breeder).
I didn't realize how dark things could/would be here. While I realize the importance of this section (I am not critical in any way), I don't think I (personally) can read this board anymore. :cry:
It's too hard for me.

Best Wishes to Everyone.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately it can get rough at times. A lot of it stems from misinformation or ignorance and some of it is cruelty. The For Free section often has posts about rehoming dragons who are in pretty good shape (most of the time) and just need a good home. Please do what you can to help. That doesn't necessarily mean diving into a rescue or getting into some of the more emotion filled threads on this board. It can be incredibly helpful even to just provide advice for folks asking for help about feeding or enclosure setup or behavior etc. I appreciate any help you can provide at any level =).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Boy I know how you feel on that one----- it is very difficult for me to read about someone who has come across someone w/ a dragon and the abuse the dragon is getting and no one can jump in there and just take the thing----------that has been the hardest for me --- but I still plug on trying to help those in need - and there are the ones that are so stubborn that they are arguing w/ you about things you have told them --- its like why are you here then - lots of times I just give up and let some of the others take over - all in all I do try and help others out as best as I can
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":tr3ze4fc said:
Boy I know how you feel on that one----- it is very difficult for me to read about someone who has come across someone w/ a dragon and the abuse the dragon is getting and no one can jump in there and just take the thing----------that has been the hardest for me

Same here. It makes me feel angry, sad, and helpless all at the same time. The only solace I get is knowing that there are others who care & would help if they could. Almost allows me to have faith in humanity. Almost. :?

I did find this to be interesting though. It's psychology, not beardie-related. It'd be nice if the Bystander Effect wasn't true after all.

https://newatlas.com/bystander-effect-cctv-study-social-psychology/60330/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom