rescuing male but he has weird brown spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’m thinking of rescuing this male bearded dragon, as the owner cannot care for him since they are going away to college. i have no clue what these brown spots are and i was wondering what y’all think it could be? [ximg]104183 2343451549[/ximg]

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I cant tell but from what I can see just in that picture his set up is not a good one---
Karrie

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
exactly. i want to get him a better home. one without sand. and i talked to the owner and he does not have any source of uvb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hes not going to live long w/ out UVB -- he has no way of digesting his food properly and hes probably got MBD if hes been in that tank w/ no UVB -- do you have experience w/ dragons or do you need help w/ what you need to get for proper lighting --- there are alot of brands and UVB that are no good so if you need to ask please do so thanks
Karrie

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
i’m thinking about taking this little guy in, i have been doing research for months on bearded dragons and i do already have one. if i am unable to, i will suggest to the owner to give them to a reptile rescue since they have been so long without uvb and i want to make sure he can get the best life possible.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
well whatever you decide to do I would do it ASAP--- hes not going to last long ---
Karrie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Poor dude is some pretty rough shape. I'm glad you're gonna try to rescue him, He definitely will need a LOT of care and vet visits.

From what I can tell what's wrong with him from that photo,
He has a seriously BAD Case of gout in his foot (see circled photo) that is probably really painful for him. I know Drache613 (Tracie) one of the mods here sells Gout ease at her website Bug-De-Lite.com, that could help him a bit. View media item 61044 That's my main concern.

The Spots could be Lesions or hints of a fungal infection (I doubt it though), Or something internal, It's hard to tell.
View media item 60607He also looks very Dehydrated.
The way he's lying also is concerning but I'm not too sure about that.

Whatever is going on with him, I wish you great luck on rehabilitating him. :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Alright, If you can't get the Beardie, I'd definitely do some searching in your/their area for good Highly rated/recommended reptile rescues. They'd most likely Give him the proper care and vet care needed.

But if you do get him, I do wish you the best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom