Maggie, my ferocious beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m a new beardie owner, and I decided to check kijiji after I had spent nearly three months researching and combing through this site. I saw this beautiful 3 year old beardie needing rehoming. In the add it said that she cane with everything she needed, including a weeks worth of live food for only $200. I thought it was too good to be true, but I was insanely star struck with this little girl. I conversed with the original owner asking so many questions and it all seemed to be fine. When I went to pick her up, I saw she had no calcium, no insects or greens (only pellets) heat lamp was dim, no uvb lamp, and her tank was full of ****. I asked why no crickets, and apparently they freaked the owner out. And she also hadn’t had a bath in over a year.
I was worried that she had already developed MBD and a who bunch of other issues, plus, I didn’t really have the money to go out and get her brand new everything. Regardless, I took out a loan, got her no bulbs, a thermometer, a bathtub, toothbrush for bath time , new tank, new everything. We just started out new. I ended up taking her to the vet and to my delight, she was at risk, but hadn’t developed MBD. She got a calcium shot, and started her new diet of greens, crickets and other goodies. At first she was lethargic, but never hostile. Fast forward to now, she’s an energetic, healthy, beautiful baby.
Idek guys, I feel like in some way she knows that I rescued her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank goodness you did -- she probably is already alot happier and no telling how long she would of lasted!! Poor thing --- heres hoping she lives a long life w/ you!!

Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so glad you were able to take her in. It sounds like she's already starting to thrive under your care. It's amazing what these guys can bounce back from. They're tough! I understand the financial pain of getting the right equipment initially. Fortunately the good stuff tends to last for quite a long time (my UVB light is going on 4 years now) and the ongoing costs (if she doesn't need frequent vet care) are pretty reasonable. Please let us know if you have any questions about her care. I look forward to following stories of her progress with you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom