Rescue success story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteda

Thank you Drachie613,
Pat yourself on the back you deserve it. You fed me the info I hungered for and as a result my Beardie Mitzi has made a 100% full recovery from her condition.
However she will always have some of the deformity of her front limbs from MBD. She now stands up on all 4 limbs and bends the wrist and ankles and uses her toes.
I am so glad I held out for the arcadia light. It has made all the difference in the world. She even jumps and leaps now. Her eating has improved greatly along with her mental alertness. she is now about a week in to her second shed in an six week period. She eats beardie bites and yellow squash mostly. Sometimes sweet potato. I ordered her the large hide from petco and she loves it.
She loves her hamac too!! Tonight she climbed down from it which was a first that I have seen. She still gets in her lizard jacuzzi drinks and soaks. I saw her use it to cool down yesterday. that was a first for me. Tonight I saw her hold her tail up over her head which was a first also.
Every day since she has been under that arcadia light she has achieved something new and improved. I ended up having to get the 36 inch because I wouldnt wait any longer for the smaller one and I plan on building her a large enclosure under the stair case where it is quite dark so I think it will be just right later on.
I haven't had time to build her outside pen either but I'll get to it before she gets to big. I got to get the inside one built first. I've got real fancy plans for it also. it will have its own climate controlled environment. Im going to build some hides and have live plants and she will be able to dig in the dirt and hunt bugs and climb on real wood. In the future way down the road I plan on rescuing more beardies.
I have hatched and am growing crickets and superworms for her. Dubias are still growing to adults. :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's great to hear she is doing so well! I agree, the Arcadia lights are great and I use them myself.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so wonderful Mitzi is doing so much better now! :D It is always such a rewarding
experience to watch them recover & to see their quality of life improve so immensely.
She must be feeling tons better too! The better quality UVB lights make a night & day
difference in them.
Thanks for sharing her recovery with us & we are always happy to help, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom