Eevie the rescue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewandEevie

We rescued an approximate 2 yr female off of Craigslist on Monday Aug 7th. We were told the son had been lazy feeding her, her light bulbs were blown out (unknown amount of time) and she needed a better home. We also have a 3 month old that is thriving! Before picking Eevie up, we made a trip to petsmart. A reptisun 10.0, basking bulb and a few other items. Basking temp between 93-98 and cool side average of 80. Dhe had sand in her enclosure which went in the trash as soon as we got home! It was replaced with the fake, harder looking sand mat, which has been changed bc of her immobility and her belly scrapping across it. She is so thin. She has mbd im sure, no use of her rear legs. She is alert for the most part but has her moments. She had a bowel movement Monday night after her bath, but none further. She has had daily natural sun baths for about 30 min! When I went in yo get her for her bath last night, she was kicking her back left leg!! I was so excited! She has had 1 dose of critical care, force fed. She has a healthy appetite. Been going easy on the protein bc of impaction possibility. She has no problems being held, im jusy careful bc she is so thin and brittle. I am curious if there is any other suggestions to help her along in gaining weight or feeling better?

MewandEevie

Original Poster
Update: Friday morning...she pooped in the bath this morning. Was a little runny but not to bad. Was a huge amount though! Had the white urinate part as well. She is actually trying to use both back legs now and is more mobile! I can get her to eat a few stoppers of squash/sweet potatoes without force feeding! She has been munching on some of her greens but not slot. Progress is looking up and I'm so glad I got her when i did! Her beautiful yellow is starting to appear again as well!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, you're doing a wonderful job with her. ! :) Keep getting her out in the sun and doing what you're doing and it sounds like she may have a decent quality of life.

Keep the updates coming, always good to hear a happy one.

There are a lot of kind-hearted people here, saving dragons from miserable lives, or even death.

Since I know little about Beardies with MBD, could you tell me, please, if there's ever a chance she'll be able to use her back legs, again?

MewandEevie

Original Poster
I have heard yes and no. It really depends on how bad the disease was set in. She is using her muscles and legs; however, when she moves they tighten up and go straight out. It almost seems as if they are rowing paddles. With a little physical therapy and nurturing I thing she will get much better! She has already jumped through major hoops. I hope she can stand up normal and use them again but only time will tell! We are taking it day by day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom