Freah Start for Feisty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've been posting the past few weeks about our adopted bearded dragon, Feisty. At first we were having fun being first time beardie owners but as time went on we noticed something wrong and took her to the vets. Thy found several problems, flagellates, coccidiosis, malnutrition from her previous owner (5 yr out of date calcium plus a diet on only bugs) which caused a partial paralysis in her back legs from lack of vitamins (we also suspect her UVb had never been changed), and the worst problem was Follicular Stasis. Everything but the later can be sorted with diet and medication, but we need to get her spayed to prevent further follicles being produced, which would increase the risk of bursting and haemorrhaging. Unfortunately, the operation is £500 and the aftercare could come to £100. This is £600 me and my boyfriend can't get together in a sort space of time and because it was found in a checkup, our insurance refuse to cover it.
Due to this, we had started a GoFundMe page (link here http://bit.ly/2lq7lvD ) to help raise the money. As she's only 3, she could still live for another few years and with this being a possibility, I want her to be able to live those happily and healthily. If I'm not allowed to post this, I'm sorry and I will take the post down, but if anyone could share the page to raise some awareness that beardies are not just fad pets, it'd be great. Donations would be appreciated but personally I'd prefer more awareness.
Although we've been told it isn't an urgent problem, the vets do want to sort it as soon as possible. If the worst does happen and Feisty does pass away, we'd donate all money from the fund to our local reptile sanctuary, North Wales Raptor and Reptile Sanctuary (NWRR) who help care for abandoned reptiles in poor conditions.
The reason this is more important now then ever, and why I'm posting it here, is because on the meds and food supplements for the other problems, she's getting better and I don't want to see her get healthy just to lose her.
Thank you for any help. As I said before, if this is inappropriate for the forum, I'll take it down.
Health and happiness to all!
Beth, Nath and Feisty xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom