bearded dragon found on front porch

This is a forum to discuss and share stories of Bearded Dragon Rescues!

Re: bearded dragon found on front porch

Postby AHBD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks for posting that, I was going to ask about it. So there are circumstances when you could release them, if they were in captivity less than 30 days, not housed with other critters + not showing signs of illness.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Dbnutrition » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Totally embarrassed for the mistaken identity, but this has been a most useful forum, thank you for all of your help. He is native, he wasn't purchased, so happy my neighbors are not cruel & unusual. It feels weird that I gave him a bath though.

One day I may return as a real life bearded dragon owner. Have a healthy day!
Dbnutrition
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:09 pm

That's O.K, it's happened here before....they do resemble little beardies. :) So you'll be keeping him ? Set him up with a nice woodland type tank, branches for climbing, a nice houseplant if you like , some basking size rocks. And you don't need to bathe him at all,just keep a clean water bowl in the tank . You can mist the tank in the morning to keep humidity up.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gail » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:31 pm

AHBD wrote:Thanks for posting that, I was going to ask about it. So there are circumstances when you could release them, if they were in captivity less than 30 days, not housed with other critters + not showing signs of illness.

I was surprised when I saw that. Every state I've checked before says no releasing once in captivity
Gail
BD.org Addict

Previous

Return to Beardie Rescue