Can I House 2 Beardies Together(Rescue Need Help!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macgyver4872

So about a month ago i rescued a bearded dragon his name is dexter he is 7 months old and still the size of a baby he is about 4in long and was stuck in a ten gallon tank i have just gotten the new tank for him but he seems really interested in being with my other bearded dragon lucifer. when i got dexter he wasn't in the best shape he was only fed mealworms and only ate crickets once a week and only 5 at that he's still not eating most of the crickets I'm offering him, and his lighting system was so screwed up idk what the people i got him from were thinking they called dexter to much to handle i have no clue if dexter is a boy or girl he's to small to tell but lucifer my 11in bearded dragon whom I've had for 7 months is male but i wonder if it would be ok if i placed those 2 in a tank together i really wanna know because lucifer won't leave the cool side of his tank because dexters over on that side so what should i do.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep them separate. They don't usually play nicely together and can at least hog the resources (food, basking space, etc) of the other and could easily cause physical harm. I think the best thing to do would be to put the tanks in separate rooms or at least put up a solid divider so they can't see eachother. Even sensing another dragon can in some causes cause a great deal of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom