Can I House 2 Beardies Together(Rescue Need Help!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macgyver4872

So about a month ago i rescued a bearded dragon his name is dexter he is 7 months old and still the size of a baby he is about 4in long and was stuck in a ten gallon tank i have just gotten the new tank for him but he seems really interested in being with my other bearded dragon lucifer. when i got dexter he wasn't in the best shape he was only fed mealworms and only ate crickets once a week and only 5 at that he's still not eating most of the crickets I'm offering him, and his lighting system was so screwed up idk what the people i got him from were thinking they called dexter to much to handle i have no clue if dexter is a boy or girl he's to small to tell but lucifer my 11in bearded dragon whom I've had for 7 months is male but i wonder if it would be ok if i placed those 2 in a tank together i really wanna know because lucifer won't leave the cool side of his tank because dexters over on that side so what should i do.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep them separate. They don't usually play nicely together and can at least hog the resources (food, basking space, etc) of the other and could easily cause physical harm. I think the best thing to do would be to put the tanks in separate rooms or at least put up a solid divider so they can't see eachother. Even sensing another dragon can in some causes cause a great deal of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom