My little Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Friend of mine seen this little girl at somebody's house. She didn't have a Uvb light just a little basking spot. She was on Sand with just a food dish which had dried up greens in it. Apparently they couldn't careless about her.
Some of her tail is gone and they said that's how they got her from a Breeder. So I don't know what happened to it.
They wanted to get rid of her so my Friend brought her to me because I already have Lilly.
I put her in a 40 gallon Tank right now and placed that next to Lilly's Tank. She is pretty jumpy when you come close to her but she eat some Salad from me earlier.They Can't see each other because all sides apart from the front are covered. Will Lilly sense that she is there and change the Bond I have with her?
Any advise on how to get this little one to trust me. I just want her to be happy.
I put her on the Scale and she was 143 gram.
She doesn't like to be touched. What I do is I put my hand near her but won't touch her and talk to her nice and quiet then after a few mins I take my hand out and I do that a few times a day. I'm hoping that way she will take to my hand and don't think of it like the hand that will grap her.
She also has something wrong with a toe on each front Leg. It doesn't hurt her so I believe it happend a while back. Poor little girl.
5cagye.jpg

23sg804.jpg

2z7k1g6.jpg

1zva1he.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor girl. She looks to be in tough shape but she can recover with good care. I'm glad you're able to give her a happy home! Time under good lighting should help in itself. Go easy on food at first and focus on keeping her hydrated. Offer her drops of water in small batches throughout the day and see if she'll lick it off her nose. Leave a nice salad out for her so she can dig into that if she wants but I wouldn't introduce bugs yet without knowing her previous diet. Too much protein at once may overwhelm her system. If she isn't eating on her own, you could try dropping a little bit of baby food green beans or squash on her nose and see if she'll take that.

You're doing the right thing as far as handling goes. Just be gentile around her and speak calmly. Let her get adjusted to her new surroundings and be very patient. It may take several months for her to adjust and get used to interaction, especially if she didn't have it before and isn't feeling well.

Keep a close eye on the skin around her tail and fingers. Look out for swelling or dark areas spreading or any significant change in general. If there is an infection then it's best to get that treated quickly before it spreads. Just keep an eye on it for now though. I also suggest strict sanitization procedures for a while to prevent spread of disease to Lilly. It's tough to tell if she's ill or has parasites etc so it's best to play it safe. Don't share items between tanks, disinfect the tanks regularly, wash hands between moving from tank to tank etc.

SpanischeRose

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1xjfrbvj said:
Poor girl. She looks to be in tough shape but she can recover with good care. I'm glad you're able to give her a happy home! Time under good lighting should help in itself. Go easy on food at first and focus on keeping her hydrated. Offer her drops of water in small batches throughout the day and see if she'll lick it off her nose. Leave a nice salad out for her so she can dig into that if she wants but I wouldn't introduce bugs yet without knowing her previous diet. Too much protein at once may overwhelm her system. If she isn't eating on her own, you could try dropping a little bit of baby food green beans or squash on her nose and see if she'll take that.

You're doing the right thing as far as handling goes. Just be gentile around her and speak calmly. Let her get adjusted to her new surroundings and be very patient. It may take several months for her to adjust and get used to interaction, especially if she didn't have it before and isn't feeling well.

Keep a close eye on the skin around her tail and fingers. Look out for swelling or dark areas spreading or any significant change in general. If there is an infection then it's best to get that treated quickly before it spreads. Just keep an eye on it for now though. I also suggest strict sanitization procedures for a while to prevent spread of disease to Lilly. It's tough to tell if she's ill or has parasites etc so it's best to play it safe. Don't share items between tanks, disinfect the tanks regularly, wash hands between moving from tank to tank etc.
First of Thank you for your Reply. What do you think happend to her toes there. Just miss formed or some injuries she had. All I know is that the people had her for about 6 month and got her when she was 2 weeks old from a breeder. She is a leatherback.
She is noisy that's for sure. She comes to the fron of the glass and she sits there and watches to see what is going on. I have salad for her out and I make sure she it stays moised.
The Day after I got her, her poop was watery and nothing in it and the white was only a little peace of it. Today when I came Home it looked like a normal poop.
I always wash my hands before I touch Lily I don't want anything happening to her. I made an Appointment with the Retile Vet here to get the little girl checked out and to see if she has anything going on what needs to be treated.
I put her in the Bath today and she wasn't to sure about it first but then she enjoyed it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good sign that she's active and curious. I'm not sure exactly what happened to the toes but if I had to guess it looks like her nails may have gotten caught in something and twisted causing some damage. It's relatively common and doesn't usually cause long term issues but you do want to keep an eye out for swelling or other signs of infection. The vet may be able to give more information and suggest treatment if needed. It's also a good sign that her poop looked normal. Hopefully she doesn't have parasites to deal with on top of everything else.

SpanischeRose

Original Poster
CooperDragon":323sndt2 said:
It's a good sign that she's active and curious. I'm not sure exactly what happened to the toes but if I had to guess it looks like her nails may have gotten caught in something and twisted causing some damage. It's relatively common and doesn't usually cause long term issues but you do want to keep an eye out for swelling or other signs of infection. The vet may be able to give more information and suggest treatment if needed. It's also a good sign that her poop looked normal. Hopefully she doesn't have parasites to deal with on top of everything else.
Yeah I want to get her checked then I feel better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom