Craigslist Beardie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
*If this is in the incorrect spot I'm sorry!

Is there anyone in New Jersey who can talk this seller down and help this bearded dragon? They are saying he is a rescue, which means he has already got issues. There looks to be very poor access to UVB and it makes me so sad! I couldn't help but reach out here and post.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/5597255925.html

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
At least he seems to have good weight on him. Looks like a coil/compact uvb which is better than nothing, so he's not as bad off as he could be. If the person took it in as a rescue, they are selling it for much more than they paid, but that's just a guess. I don't think anyone will pay anywhere near that amount when you can get all those items as well as a baby or juvenile dragon [ which is what most people prefer ] for less than that.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
There was a bearded dragon in my area on Craigslist that came with its own "signs of respiratory infection" (the ad actually said that) as well as a too high price..nice huh? But the price was negotiable (great thanks for the favor!) Posters like that and the ones asking way too much, like the one in your link, are just trying to recoup their money. They are never selling, just asking for a "rehoming fee" to make sure the dragon goes to a good home. The dragon will probably be there for a while until seller drops the price. Unless people are not taking their ads down, the dragons in my area are not moving fast.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3bsapemy said:
At least he seems to have good weight on him. Looks like a coil/compact uvb which is better than nothing, so he's not as bad off as he could be. If the person took it in as a rescue, they are selling it for much more than they paid, but that's just a guess. I don't think anyone will pay anywhere near that amount when you can get all those items as well as a baby or juvenile dragon [ which is what most people prefer ] for less than that.

Coil bulbs make me very nervous. I was misinformed with my first dragon and caused him to have vision difficulties from using coils. It just makes me so sad to see that, especially if he is already a rescue. He does have a decent amount of weight on him. That price is terribly high.

DaisyDragon123":3bsapemy said:
There was a bearded dragon in my area on Craigslist that came with its own "signs of respiratory infection" (the ad actually said that) as well as a too high price..nice huh? But the price was negotiable (great thanks for the favor!) Posters like that and the ones asking way too much, like the one in your link, are just trying to recoup their money. They are never selling, just asking for a "rehoming fee" to make sure the dragon goes to a good home. The dragon will probably be there for a while until seller drops the price. Unless people are not taking their ads down, the dragons in my area are not moving fast.

I hope for the sake of that dragon they drop the price. If they truly wanted him in a good home the price should not matter. I know they might be taking a loss on equipment but the life of thy animal is worth more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom