Rescued dragon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

85067-141851572.jpg

This is chomper the new addition. We have had him for 3 or 4 days now and he seems to have a great personality. My questions are with his size. The person I got him from said he was about 2 years old but he seems extremely small compared to my other dragon. He is 13in long and only 84.42grams could he be a Rankin or could his growth have been stunted. From what I was told he was raised in a 55g long tank with a female dragon of close size using a 150 watt reptile light for heat and a reptisun 5.0 tube light for uvb. Any thoughts would be appreciated thank you.

Update here are my two boys checking each other out. They are both about 2 years old but the size difference is huge.

85067-96571935.jpg

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
He doesn't look like a rankins to me. His head shape is definitely pogona vitticeps. Either he's just really small, stunted, or he's actually a lot younger lol. Luckily, if he is stunted, he doesn't look deformed or anything like that so that's a positive. Eyes look alert and his colors are vibrant. Looks like he's actually in good health :)

Lucifer

Original Poster
He is in decent health a bit under weight as his hip bones look like skin just draped over them but he's eating good gets his daily greens and is fed crickets twice a day. 25-30 at both feedings and we usually have to take a few out. I know that's not as much as young dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom