Rescued dragon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

85067-141851572.jpg

This is chomper the new addition. We have had him for 3 or 4 days now and he seems to have a great personality. My questions are with his size. The person I got him from said he was about 2 years old but he seems extremely small compared to my other dragon. He is 13in long and only 84.42grams could he be a Rankin or could his growth have been stunted. From what I was told he was raised in a 55g long tank with a female dragon of close size using a 150 watt reptile light for heat and a reptisun 5.0 tube light for uvb. Any thoughts would be appreciated thank you.

Update here are my two boys checking each other out. They are both about 2 years old but the size difference is huge.

85067-96571935.jpg

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
He doesn't look like a rankins to me. His head shape is definitely pogona vitticeps. Either he's just really small, stunted, or he's actually a lot younger lol. Luckily, if he is stunted, he doesn't look deformed or anything like that so that's a positive. Eyes look alert and his colors are vibrant. Looks like he's actually in good health :)

Lucifer

Original Poster
He is in decent health a bit under weight as his hip bones look like skin just draped over them but he's eating good gets his daily greens and is fed crickets twice a day. 25-30 at both feedings and we usually have to take a few out. I know that's not as much as young dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom