Found a wonderful new owner and home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just want to say that I really hope you find him a good home, and that everything works out for your daughter. I read the for free ad and he looks and sounds like a wonderful dragon ! I hope someone near you will be able to give him a good home. Sometimes if you charge at least a minimal amount you can be more sure that someone is really interested in him, not just getting something for free or flipping him for a few $$. But I definitely understand that your priority is your daughter right now. Best wishes for a good outcome, especially for her.

Busymama

Original Poster
AHBD":3ul0bb67 said:
Just want to say that I really hope you find him a good home, and that everything works out for your daughter. I read the for free ad and he looks and sounds like a wonderful dragon ! I hope someone near you will be able to give him a good home. Sometimes if you charge at least a minimal amount you can be more sure that someone is really interested in him, not just getting something for free or flipping him for a few $$. But I definitely understand that your priority is your daughter right now. Best wishes for a good outcome, especially for her.
Thank you very much for your good wishes for both Champy and my daughter. I appreciate your suggestion about asking for aat least a minimal amount for him, as to not have someone ask for him for the wrong reasons. I reluctantly posted an ad in craigslist - and did ask for an amount - comparable to what I saw similar ahe beardies and set-ups priced at (no replies yet - though it was just yesterday ). I really didnt want to resort to craiglist (worry about nit finding the best owner, ans safety - someone was recently killed in a craigslist transaction in a busy grocery store parking lot)n because I am under the wire, and have no idea where else to post/look for someone interested (and haven't gotten a single reply on here either), I don't know what else to do.
Any suggestions of where else to look would be great!! If you know of anywhere - or anyone else does!
Yes, he truly is a Wonderful friend - I looked a long time to find such a sweet beardie as he is - I am actually really pretty surprised I haven't heard anything from the posts I made - he was Exactl the kind of beardie for our family I looked for all over for months before I found him.
I think I would have been best now to post sooner than I did - I just feel so bad to have to give him up and worry he'll be cared for and loved - and we are all so attached - I was hoping (in so many ways), that they would find a different diagnosis for my daughter, or different treatment options... but it didn't happen. Now I know the next couple of weeks are going to be filled with more appointments and time needed for her care, and we are only a few weeks away from needing to go out of town for about 2 weeks. I feel up against the wall.
Thank you again. It is nice to know someone out there is reading the posts I made at least, and the compassion you expressed is sure appreciated. This is a truly hard thing to do, of many choices I have to make right now. If I could see him go to a wonderful new owner, that would make it so much better, and sad as it makes me in ways, at least it wouldn't be one of the things still up in the air.
Have a Wonderful day, and the best to you.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried contacting a herp society? I think the University of Missouri has one.

https://muherpsociety.wordpress.com/

http://www.kcherp.com/

Have you tried to contact the vet's office to see if they knew someone?

Is there any way you could keep the lizard and just board it a couple of weeks at the vet?

The dragons on Craigslist around my area are not moving very fast, or else the posters forget to remove the ads.

I hope all goes well for you and your family.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi again. :) Just in case you didn't get the notification, someone has responded on your for free ad.

Busymama

Original Poster
AHBD":1737e7ia said:
Hi again. :) Just in case you didn't get the notification, someone has responded on your for free ad.

Hi again to you also ;)
Yes, thank you, I sure did see their response! They listed a Gmail address they wanted me to email them to - which I have - and am waiting for a reply. They said they have some questions for me- and so I am just waiting to hear back.
Thank you again!

Busymama

Original Poster
AHBD":3iobbms9 said:
Just wondering if that family worked out for your Champy ?

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply! It wasnt that particular family it worked out with, but anot her family who had already contacted me. They are a Great fit. I am So grateful! Everyone is ending up happy and he has a great new owner and family and home. Thank you for your help! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom