Stitch's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 weeks ago, I was taking Riddick to our local Petco to pick up some of his favorite snacks and a friend of mine stopped me and told me about a beardie who had recently been surrendered to them. This guy had an awful shriveled up black leg and had multitudes of health problems. She told me that they needed a new home for him, one of which they knew he'd be taken care of. I was happy because I knew we had the right home for him. After waiting a few weeks for the vet to clear him to come home, he's finally here and happy. His story started a year ago, with a young guy who had never had beardies before, but bought three of them and left them together. From what I understand, they didn't get fed very much and as they became adults, tey still were never separated even when they showed aggression towards each other! :banghead: Well, a manager at Petco came into work one morning and this guy literally dropped a cardboard box on the counter and walked off. She took a look and instantly knew that the beardie was in trouble because his leg was literally about to fall off. After its amputation, they also found mites, mouth rot and a respiratory infection. It took weeks for the vet to clear him to come home, but now that he's home, he is the sweetest, loving dragon that anybody could have. We named him stitch because of the Stitch in his leg and his "Lilo and Stitch" eyes. He has been doing so well since he's been home, gaining weight and much needed love. We are struggling to get him to eat solid foods, but he will occasionally eat butterworms, dubai roaches and super worms. We've been feeding him stage one baby food (vegetables) to fill in for his lack of interest in solid food. (I'm open to any suggestions.) I am so glad we made the decision to bring our baby home! He's absolutely incredible. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor stitch has been through a terrible ordeal, so nice that you've given him a great home. Looks like he's in the lap of luxury now. :) Keep doing what you're doing, but add a lot of water to his syringe feedings. Kidney problems usually come with long term neglect so extra hydration and going slow on the insect protein is usually recommended. You might ask the vet for some Critical Care supplement and add extra water to that as well [ if you get some ]

Best wishes to you + Stitch !

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
He's so lucky to have you now! This story breaks yet warms my heart. I'm just so glad he has a good loving home now. Thank you for taking little Stitch in!

P.S... Lilo & Stitch is my favorite Disney movie and Stitch is my favorite Disney character! :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom