Rocky the Rescue ***Update***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky had surgery today to remove the tumor from his beard. :blob5:

He has been home for about 3 hours and is sleeping like a baby. I'm sure he will be a bit feisty when he gets his pain meds tomorrow morning. I will upload a post-surgery picture in a day or two when he starts feeling like himself again.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1bwfqy8y said:
Hoping for a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Thank you! I hope he's back to his crazy self in a few days without any issues. I was a nervous wreck all day today; I had tears in my eyes when I dropped him off. :(

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Scar from tumor removal. A bit puffy around the incision; not sure how much is swelling from surgery. Stitches are internal and won't need to be removed.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky's vet called late this afternoon to check on him (for the 2nd time today!) to see if I wanted to bring him in for some fluids. He's been slow to come out of the anesthesia and I'm also getting worried that he's getting dehydrated. :( He ate a few bites of salad today and is trying move around some more. Hopefully the fluids will help him perk up a bit.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mordecai":1gqeg54n said:
How is Rocky doing?

Thanks for asking!

Rocky is doing great. After getting fluids at the vet, he quickly returned to his normal activity level. He woke up the next day and promptly pooped, ate a huge salad and spent some time running around the house.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Life has been a bit hectic lately, but here is the latest on Rocky the Rescue:

A few weeks ago we received the pathology on the tumor that was removed from Rocky's beard. Not good news...the tumor was malignant and very aggressive. We were told that the type of tumor he had typically spreads to the lungs. We will take him to the vet periodically for x-rays to get his lungs checked.

As of now, Rocky is just as happy and crazy as ever. He isn't showing any signs of slowing down. We are enjoying every minute of every day with him and spoiling him rotten, of course. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little dude ! I hope that it doesn't spread, if they were able to get all of it maybe there's a chance that it won't come back ?

But it's good to hear that he's still full of life + going full steam ahead for now. :) Hopefully you'll still get to enjoy him for a good long while !

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3vzkskm3 said:
Poor little dude ! I hope that it doesn't spread, if they were able to get all of it maybe there's a chance that it won't come back ?

But it's good to hear that he's still full of life + going full steam ahead for now. :) Hopefully you'll still get to enjoy him for a good long while !

Sadly, they weren't able to get all of the tumor. :( We had to make the very tough decision not to operate again. We are afraid that he won't survive the 2nd surgery as he has advanced yellow fungus as well.

He is very much still full of life! We hope he is able to stay healthy for a good, long while.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mordecai":3zu6khtz said:
Hello Rockys mom, I was just wondering how Rocky is doing?

Rocky is doing great! Eating like a champ and keeping his weight up. Thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom