gaining rescued bearded dragons trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaspars

Hi guys.I just got my second berdie from reptile rescue but she is very scared she had a very poor life befour me.I wanted to know how can i gain her trust to human again.She is not angry as soon as i open viv she backs up straight away and eaven in viv she doesnt lay down relaxed always steady.As far as i can see then she had broken ribs in past and some problems with one leg.Also skin under her eyes has fallen a bit down?any resons for that?maybe can do something about it?well she is like 9 or 10 years old so i want to give her best she can have in this life...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....so nice of you to take in this poor old dragon. Can you post pics of her as well as her tank ? ? You can either load them to photobucket, then copy/paste here or use these instructions:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
She may be dehydrated so offer water with an eyedropper/syringe on her snout to see if she'll lick some up. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for them to start drinking. For handling, just be very slow + gentle to assess whether you can pick her up or just let her settle in for a while first.

Did you get this bearded dragon from a rescue or rescue it yourself? If you adopted from a rescue, they should have documentation from a vet explaining her current condition.

As far as gaining trust, you can try leaving a worn shirt in her enclosure so she gets accustomed to your scent. You can also take her out right before lights go off, snuggle in a blanket, and see if she will fall asleep on your chest while holding her. Tong feeding or trying to hand feed can also help build a positive association.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Georgebaw":1wjzo50r said:
I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

Removed
Obvious spam bot is obvious. No one click these links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom