Rescued Beardie Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Stink first came to us from Craigslist at 7 months old, he was small and thin enough to be tucked into a sandwich-sized tupperware and had the most putrid-smelling, watery stool imaginable (which he released into my lap during the car ride home.) He had been living off a diet of romaine and one small hornworm a day, in a tank full of dirty sand. His previous owners hadn't been handling him, but when I took him out of the tupperware he was still so incredibly calm and sweet.

Here he was spreading out his tiny body as much as he possibly could, bless his soul
82410-554317553.jpg
82410-5183611228.jpg

Now, at 21.5 inches long and 1 year 3 months old, he's the largest, most vibrant beardie I've seen in my area! We moved him into a larger tank with a reptile carpet and began feeding him nutritional foods.

Here he is doing his morning beard stretches (don't mind the shedding mouth.)
82410-171988011.jpg

Stink recently contracted parasites from our new rescue despite our best efforts to quarantine, but we're doing our best to hurry along both dragon's recovery.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, it's great to read a nice experience like this. :) He looks great, nice big yellow boy. Hopefully the parasites will be a minor issue and he'll continue to thrive. Great job !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom