Beardie Purchase Turned into Rescue - continued from ER

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That swelling is worrisome, the infection is inside the leg. Do you have an experienced reptile vet that could have a look ? There is a chance that the swelling could go down on it's own, but it may be best to get him on some antibiotics to hopefully save the leg.

RMBros

Original Poster
I haven't scoped a vet yet - I'm going to do that today.

The confusing part is that he has two issues going on - the necrosis, which is either gone or considerably less, and an impact injury, which is where I think (hope?) that the swelling is coming from.

If anything, the swelling has gone down a bit since that pic, so I'm continuing to monitor and research local Herp Vets.

Thanks again to everyone for their support/input!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good if the necrosis is reduced or gone and the swelling is subsiding....hopefully it's healing up then !

RMBros

Original Poster
Swelling is nearly completely gone and Pirate is using the peg leg a ton more when walking and climbing - it had been dragging and not moving, but now that the swelling is down, he's using it for leverage in many more situations.

Appetite and activity level both continue to increase as well.

I'll follow up with pics later this weekend.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's really fantastic news. :) I'm so glad that he's getting better after that degree of mutilation. Raw honey is good stuff, and of course you did a great job taking care of him !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom