Abandoned beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Last night I got off of work a little early so I decided to call someone for a ride home. I couldn't get any reception on my cell so I went over to a railroad over pass and climbed up. as I was trying to call for a ride home :?: I noticed something. There was a bearded dragon laying along the one rail of the railroad. :( he was dirty and really cold but thank god it was alive. I immediately picked it up to see if it was injured at all. fortunately the only thing that was bad other than the dirtiness was that its nails were so long that they were twisting in different directions. I brought it home and gave it a bath and clipped its nails. after all that was done I decided to check whether it was a boy or girl. sure enough it was a male. :D I named him Gator as in alligator. I named him that because of the way he opened his mouth when I first picked him up from the railroad.

:banghead: honestly I just don't understand why people have a piece of there brain that tells them that its ok to abandon any living thing..........it just isn't right.
oh well, nothing I cant do about that. :) what's important is that Gator is safe and fed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy! I'm so glad you came upon him when you did and are able to give him a good home. Can you post some photos of him? Please do post updates on his progress =)

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:) hello, im sorry I have not been updating. I have decided to change his name from Gator to Spitfire. he has been a bit snappy but since then he has begun to trust. he is doing well so far. he does eat and drink so that is a good thing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he's doing well! I'm sure that in time with some good care he will begin to trust you and calm down. Thanks for giving him such good care =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom