Rescued Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
I just saved a bearded dragon for the time being. My neighbors mom was not taking care of the dragon, named charlizard, he was only fed every other day, if that. He has been in hibernation on and off. Was never active. Only had one light on, a 50 watt light in a 75 gallon tank. The worst part, they had all the proper supplies in the tank stand. So my neighbor was like, hey let's go get him while they are gone for like two months, get the proper supplies and tale him back to my house (the neighbor is named Kelly). He is an adorable dragon. He can't go back to her moms house. She's worried that they might take him back. So her husband said, I will force them to have us keep him. Good for him! He is in a 75 gallon tank with exo Terra swirly calcium light (lol), an exl Terra 100 watt basking light, a night time light, and plenty of decorations. He's eating 30 worms a day (20 then 10 or 15 and 15), along with a salad, he's very active. Any help is appreciated.

Pic 1 is charlizard.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/37708/full

Pic 2 is his setup
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/37740/full

Pic 3 is mine! Trisha whom is almost 3...
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....your Trisha [ pic 3 ] is a nice looking healthy girl ! :) Poor Charizard, he is quite thin but at least [ from that pic ] he doesn't seem to have metabolic bone disease. Hopefully you can get him in to decent shape. So what type of worms are you feeding him ? It's great that he's eating salad....what type of greens ? The best ones are turnip, mustard, collards, dandelion as well as squash.

The coil bulbs sometimes do the job but sometimes not...in other words the UVB may not penetrate far enough or cover a wide enough area. What UVB do you use for Trisha ?

You don't need night time heat as long as it stays 65 degrees or above. If it does get colder that that, a ceramic heater that produces heat but no light is best, since the night bulbs actually produce too much light for beardies to sleep properly.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3a1bybmr said:
Hi there....your Trisha [ pic 3 ] is a nice looking healthy girl ! :) Poor Charizard, he is quite thin but at least [ from that pic ] he doesn't seem to have metabolic bone disease. Hopefully you can get him in to decent shape. So what type of worms are you feeding him ? It's great that he's eating salad....what type of greens ? The best ones are turnip, mustard, collards, dandelion as well as squash.

The coil bulbs sometimes do the job but sometimes not...in other words the UVB may not penetrate far enough or cover a wide enough area. What UVB do you use for Trisha ?

You don't need night time heat as long as it stays 65 degrees or above. If it does get colder that that, a ceramic heater that produces heat but no light is best, since the night bulbs actually produce too much light for beardies to sleep properly.

We are giving him mealworms. I will tell the neighbor superworms, the small ones.
Greens are kale, red lettuce, fruits and veggies.
For Trisha, its a repti sun. Can't remember which one... But its one of the top reccomended I beleive. Thank you! Trisha is my beautiful girl. I'm getting her tiles instead of sand this weekend. That's Trisha's tank. Thank you so Mich for all your help!! Feel free to send PMs about your dragon and how you care for it, tank ideas, feeding, etc...
83409-2377475240.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! :) You'll find lots of good info as well as advice in the various subforums here. For instance, if you look to the right side of this page you'll see info about the best lighting. I also use the Reptisun tube 10.0 for UVB, as you do for Trisha. The main veggies that I use are the ones I mentioned, those are the most nutritious.

You might enjoy the forums on enclosures, lots of good set up ideas there and some great posters , Cooper and Taterbug,to help with troubleshooting anything having to do with tank set up. You might also enjoy the " photo expressions" forum as well as " beardie tales".

So have a look around + ask any Q's you have, you'll find helpful + friendly people to help you out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom